Heated Mirrors

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
All this depends on what type of set up you have on your car, I dare say the more recent cars have a more complex set up compared to older cars.
On mine, if the temperature of the mirror glass is below 15c while the ignition is switched on, a thermostat switch (as in picture) on the mirror back will switch the mirror heater element on and heat the glass until the 15c temperature is passed, it then switches off until the temperature of the glass drops below 15c, this cycle repeats itself every few minutes, depending on the temperature of the mirror glass.

There is always 12v going to the heater element in the mirror, it is the thermostatic switch that switches the heater element on and off.

Dec
attachment.php

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
All this depends on what type of set up you have on your car, I dare say the more recent cars have a more complex set up compared to older cars.
On mine, if the temperature of the mirror glass is below 15c while the ignition is switched on, a thermostat switch (as in picture) on the mirror back will switch the mirror heater element on and heat the glass until the 15c temperature is passed, it then switches off until the temperature of the glass drops below 15c, this cycle repeats itself every few minutes, depending on the temperature of the mirror glass.

There is always 12v going to the heater element in the mirror, it is the thermostatic switch that switches the heater element on and off.

Dec
attachment.php

Yes you have no real CAN BUS in your car,, the CAN only got going roughly in around 1998

haggettd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi Avangarde Estate
Good pictures Dec but you didn't have to rip you mirror apart to show us:smile:

Top Bottom