Heated rear window/radio interference

wooly

Reaction score
I have a 2005 S Class on which the radio sometimes goes bang and switches off. All I do is switch the power back on and it works fine again for weeks or months. My current problem with it is that if I have the radio on, as soon as I turn on the heated rear window there is considerable intereference to the signal and the radio becomes unuseable (the CD and satnav are still fine, so it appears there's an aerial problem). The same fault existed when I bought the car a couple of years ago and after replacing the amplifier, the dealer decided it was the rear window itself which needed replacing (at a cost of well over a grand). The dealer met the cost of the repair and other than the occasional "bang and switch off" issue mentioned above, the unit has been fine until yesterday when the HRW problem has returned.

Is this a known fault and is there a cheaper repair option that anyone knows of, or am I stuck with having to have the window replaced again?

OP
W

wooly

Reaction score
Thanks, but corroded in less than 2 years?

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Condensation would do it it in a week or two

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom