Heater/blower motor failed

ODDBALL500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 Sport 2.5l Turbo Diesel
Hi all,
I washed my C250 last Sunday after owning her for 1 week and jet washed the area under the windscreen wipers to remove leaves, I then found water inside the driver foot well, this has not happened when it's rained so I presume it somehow got in through the vents, the windows were steamed up so I turned the fan on to clear the windscreen but the fan did not work, it had previously with no problems, I checked all the fuses and all okay, it's been 5 days now and I was hoping it would dry out and work but no joy, can anyone confirm if the motor is up under the passenger foot well, I have removed the cover underneath but cannot see it easily, has anyone else had this issue or any other advise on fixing this problem, your help will be very much appreciated.

Simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is up there and I have answered you other post

OP
O

ODDBALL500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to seem a bit thick, when you say you answered my other post, where is this reply, as previously said I'm new to this stuff

Simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe its me,,, anyway I can send you the instructions

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It should be under the drivers side as the heater boxes are not handed

OP
O

ODDBALL500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm, thanks so far for all your help, please can you send the instrctions to my work email address which is

Simon

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK I have sent it and you can remove your address in edit

OP
O

ODDBALL500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm, Thank you again for your help, I removed the blower which was very mucky and thought "well it aint working" so I washed it in hot soapy water and dried it overnight on the radiator & re-connected it this afternoon and hey presto she lives, my girlfriend will be very happy as she can have toastie feet again lol

I owe you a few beers sometime if you're ever in the Perranporth area in Cornwall LOL

Si

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Malcolm, Thank you again for your help, I removed the blower which was very mucky and thought "well it aint working" so I washed it in hot soapy water and dried it overnight on the radiator & re-connected it this afternoon and hey presto she lives, my girlfriend will be very happy as she can have toastie feet again lol

I owe you a few beers sometime if you're ever in the Perranporth area in Cornwall LOL

Si

I am just happy that all is OK :D:D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom