Heater Demister Blower Stopped Working!

OP
M

merc4me

Reaction score
Many Thanks for that offer Television much appreciated, I would like to get to the motor first in the possibility that it may be something else.

How do you get the wiper blade off? That's a job I would not want to mess up.

OP
M

merc4me

Reaction score
Owing to the cold weather and not wanting to start a job that I wished I hadn't, I though about trying this Quick Fix but need some help.

The plan is to push a piece of flexible nylon covered curtain wire down the Hot air Trunking where the Hot air comes out (with the fan switched off) to give the fan blades a little nudge, which 'may' be enough to get it working, until their is a better day to pull the motor to bits.

Does anyone think that might work?

What settings should I have the controls at?

Should I poke the Wire down the long slots that blow on the window or the rockable ones on the dashboard above where the Radio goes?

Merc 190e (1992 J) No Aircon

alanuk400

Reaction score
Website
www.vipsec.co.uk
Your Mercedes
2018 W222 Mercedes S-Class LWB & 2006 R171 SLK 55AMG
Owing to the cold weather and not wanting to start a job that I wished I hadn't, I though about trying this Quick Fix but need some help.

The plan is to push a piece of flexible nylon covered curtain wire down the Hot air Trunking where the Hot air comes out (with the fan switched off) to give the fan blades a little nudge, which 'may' be enough to get it working, until their is a better day to pull the motor to bits.

Does anyone think that might work?

What settings should I have the controls at?

Should I poke the Wire down the long slots that blow on the window or the rockable ones on the dashboard above where the Radio goes?

Merc 190e (1992 J) No Aircon
I think you have been pointed in the right direction at least twice :confused:
http://mercedes-190.co.uk/topic/215473/1/

Alan

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom