Hello everyone.

Mish Salleh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz Viano W639 2006 CDi 2.2
Hello. I'm Mish from Brunei. I own a MB Viano (W639) 2006 (ver '03-'06) CDi 2.2. A couple of months ago I've sent my car to replace the AC's cooling coil & compressor at the local workshop which was leaking bad. Got that fixed but the sad thing is, when I came to collect the car, I found out that the 'hook' for the glove box latch went missing after they took out the dashboard to service the AC. So currently, my glove box can't be closed which is very annoying. The mechanic at the workshop basically lost it among other screws from the dash. I'm still waiting for them to find a replacement for it, but I don't think they ever will. I've tried ebay but they only sell either the whole dashboard or the lid cover. So I was wondering if anyone could help out with the 'hook' or give me some ideas on what websites that can ship internationally that I could buy from. I've attached pictures of the missing 'hook' and the sample of it. WhatsApp Image 2019-08-19 at 16.19.54.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-08-19 at 17.21.05.jpeg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Welcome Mish,

Sorry to hear your problem with the glove box.. that would drive me crazy not being able to close it.

You could try sending the garage a strongly worded letter demanded the hook or for them to fix the issue in some way. They returned the car with something broken, that was originally working? Was this a Mercedes Benz main dealer?

Perhaps if you can find a breaker in the UK that can sell you the part, I could be persuaded to receive the part here and send to you in Brunei, if that would help.

OP
Mish Salleh

Mish Salleh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
Welcome Mish,

Sorry to hear your problem with the glove box.. that would drive me crazy not being able to close it.

You could try sending the garage a strongly worded letter demanded the hook or for them to fix the issue in some way. They returned the car with something broken, that was originally working? Was this a Mercedes Benz main dealer?

Perhaps if you can find a breaker in the UK that can sell you the part, I could be persuaded to receive the part here and send to you in Brunei, if that would help.

Thanks @Conor.

Yes, it’s really annoying. But no, it’s not the main dealer here, just a general ac workshop. I’ve previously sent my car there before with no problems. But this second time around is just left me disappointed. I have reached out to them, and they did respond in trying to find a replacement. But that was nearly a month ago. I’m just surprised on how quick they’ve lost it in the first place considering that there was no reason to take it off in the first place.

I’ve tried searching for one in the UK, but my contacts resource is limited only to the internet website ie ebay.com. And losing parts like that here is a rarity since there isn’t much junkyards or breaker for the type of cars like mine. But thanks for volunteering anyway.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Welcome.

Its a shame that this has happened but, any type of car place can source parts to fix items (even if they have to go to the dealership or trawl the internet themselves). Many garages will try and fob you off as they have done so, hoping that after a period of time the issue goes away.

I would advise staying on their case as a broken glove box is just signs of negligent workmanship...why should you pay for that!

OP
Mish Salleh

Mish Salleh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
  • Banned
An update from my previous post:

All is well now, in the end the shop compensated what was missing, ordered the missing parts from the local MB agent and all have been installed. No more drawers falling out on bumpy roads. Howrah!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
An update from my previous post:

All is well now, in the end the shop compensated what was missing, ordered the missing parts from the local MB agent and all have been installed. No more drawers falling out on bumpy roads. Howrah!

That's a great result, and proper order too. Well done for persevering :)

Top Bottom