EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
I just called my local branch & they told me they will offer the same 30% discount on braking parts bought over the phone & collected at the counter as offered online using the advertised code 30NOW found on your home page.

Thats great!

unfortunatley it all depends on the part and the sales person - most cant discount that much in store which is why Click and Collect will bring a much more orginised way of offering discount to online customers :)

Some guy on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few.
I just called my local branch & they told me they will offer the same 30% discount on braking parts bought over the phone & collected at the counter as offered online using the advertised code 30NOW found on your home page.

The brake job was planned for this a.m.

After driving to a mechanically inclined friend's house, removing the OS rear wheel, removing the calliper to give it a clean up & trying to put the whole thing back together we discovered EPC Reading had supplied brake pads that would not fit.

Very annoyed at this as car was now jacked up, in pieces & some 15 miles away from EPC's Reading store. Despite giving my reg # to two people over the phone (Ben & David, order # 89634) & again in person at the counter when I collected & checked, again, that these were the correct parts I was supplied with parts for a completely different model.

Called the Reading store where Barry, the EPC employee, was able to get my VIN from my reg # & discover they had indeed supplied wrong pads. Why, I asked, wasn't this simple VIN check done when I ordered the parts? It would have caught this error. Not company policy it seems.

Does it cost EPC anything to do the reg to VIN check?" I asked.

"No."

Barry wasn't on the counter when I drove the 30 mile round trip to get the correct pads but the attitude of the two countermen was one of "Sh1t happens, sorry mate, no system is perfect." Nobody seemed terribly surprised or worried that they'd wasted the morning of 2 people & made me drive 30 miles to correct their error.

If EPC can check VINs against part numbers and get the right part WHY THE **** DON'T YOU DO THAT EVERY ****ING TIME???

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
The brake job was planned for this a.m.

After driving to a mechanically inclined friend's house, removing the OS rear wheel, removing the calliper to give it a clean up & trying to put the whole thing back together we discovered EPC Reading had supplied brake pads that would not fit.

Very annoyed at this as car was now jacked up, in pieces & some 15 miles away from EPC's Reading store. Despite giving my reg # to two people over the phone (Ben & David, order # 89634) & again in person at the counter when I collected & checked, again, that these were the correct parts I was supplied with parts for a completely different model.

Called the Reading store where Barry, the EPC employee, was able to get my VIN from my reg # & discover they had indeed supplied wrong pads. Why, I asked, wasn't this simple VIN check done when I ordered the parts? It would have caught this error. Not company policy it seems.

Does it cost EPC anything to do the reg to VIN check?" I asked.

"No."

Barry wasn't on the counter when I drove the 30 mile round trip to get the correct pads but the attitude of the two countermen was one of "Sh1t happens, sorry mate, no system is perfect." Nobody seemed terribly surprised or worried that they'd wasted the morning of 2 people & made me drive 30 miles to correct their error.

If EPC can check VINs against part numbers and get the right part WHY THE **** DON'T YOU DO THAT EVERY ****ING TIME???

Hi mate,

I'm really sporry about the inconvienance you had with your pads - We normally only need to use main dealer system, if we ahve a reason to doubt our own parts system, or our parts catalogue doesn't ahve something listed. It seems in this case, it appears straight forward for your pads, however, as you have explained there obviously is a choice.

As for the core error of the parts lookup, you would be suprised how often main dealer parts lookups are incorrect, which is why we invest our time and money into our own one.

If you could PM me your Reg and the part numbers you were supplied incorrectly, i can ensure they are ADDED to our parts system, so there is a choice, and the staff member can then revert to the Merc OE system.

I have passed this on to Readings branch manager, it is true that mistake do happen however as you have correctly said, that doesn't seem to be the correct attitude to have when helping customers.

Once again, i hope you accept my apoligies, for your inconvience, And i look forward to receiving an email from yourself.

Patrick

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I went to a mercedes dealership some time back for a complete set of the plastic fuel lines under the bonnet..
Two more trips back afterwards to get the correct parts even though i took all of my vehicle information with me in the first place.. grr.
Point here is every place can get it wrong.
I like euro car parts, even if things may be wrong (always been right for me) and some of the stuff is the same as merc sells, but half the price.
Many of these posts are complaints, none seem to be along the lines of "very pleased"
Would you want to trade within a forum where most of the dealings are giving you a hard time?
I can also understand that people complaining have a genuine reason though..

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Would you want to trade within a forum where most of the dealings are giving you a hard time?
I can also understand that people complaining have a genuine reason though..

The 'Hard Time; we receive isn't always from unhappy customers, there are alot of members who simply dont like ECP :confused:

Fact is we are here to help change our image, and although a few members may have bad experience, we are here to react immediatly ON THEIR BEHALF......

Also remember that we make over 33,000 deliveries a day, and ship 1,000 orders via our website - We have to be realistic and admit we, like any other supplier may get it wrong, but we are improving on a daily basis, and part of that improvement is by working with forums such as MBO...

Simon21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 W124 250TD
Are there any discount codes valid for ECP right now, please?

Simon21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1988 W124 250TD
Neither MECLO25 or MECL025 are valid, it tells me?

"Invalid Promotional Code
The promotional code you have used has either expired or does not exist"

The website is splashed with discount codes that expired 30th September, too. Time for a new calendar?

OP
EuroCarParts

EuroCarParts

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.eurocarparts.com
Your Mercedes
BMW 2006 330d
Neither MECLO25 or MECL025 are valid, it tells me?

"Invalid Promotional Code
The promotional code you have used has either expired or does not exist"

The website is splashed with discount codes that expired 30th September, too. Time for a new calendar?

Try now :p

John Martin

Reaction score
Website
www.whitehillfoot.com
Your Mercedes
MB Trac 900Turbo, Shogun, Transit, Mercedes 1995 E300D Converted to manual
Much better to buy parts from a genuine MB dealer,ask the storeman if he can give a bit discount, a good one will !! buy the real thing for your mercedes, same goes for your Ford etc buy genuine parts..

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Much better to buy parts from a genuine MB dealer,ask the storeman if he can give a bit discount, a good one will !! buy the real thing for your mercedes, same goes for your Ford etc buy genuine parts..

Why? MB & Ford don't make brake pads, they just get their logo stamped on pads made by the same companies that supply the spare parts market but add on a big percentage on top.

Russ

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why? MB & Ford don't make brake pads, they just get their logo stamped on pads made by the same companies that supply the spare parts market but add on a big percentage on top.

Russ

But you do get a different cardboard box Russ

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
I would happily pay double from a genuine dealer as it comes with a beautifull MB box !:roll:

It would depend on what the item is though..

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500

Yeah right, and we all have bank accounts with huge balances :rolleyes:

OEM parts if chosen well from good suppliers like Eurocarparts will enable you to run a car for much less than dealer parts prices. However, it is always worth checking, as for certain items (and its hard to predict which) the dealers can be competitive.

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
euro wrong parts

Hi we orderd front wheel bearing for clk208, on a monday did not arrive for got to be put on van!. arrived tuesday. orderd brake discs tuesday got lost turned up wensday. still waiting for surcharge on starter motor one weel ago. preston branch load of sh***t.

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)

Russ

Shall I stir the pot, there are pads and there are pads, They might look the same but some have different compounds and so different braking coeffient. thats why "cheap pads" squeel and the pedal/brake bite feels wooden.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Shall I stir the pot, there are pads and there are pads, They might look the same but some have different compounds and so different braking coeffient. thats why "cheap pads" squeel and the pedal/brake bite feels wooden.

Maybe years ago, but new regulations are now in place to prevent cheap pads being sold.

ECE-R90 is a European quality standard that requires all replacement Brake Pads to perform within certain parameters to Original Equipment specification.

Russ

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The pad makers say that the squeal is caused by escaping gasses present during the first few hundred miles causing the resonance set up by the pad to the surface of the disc, like a musical instrument

star

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Maybe years ago, but new regulations are now in place to prevent cheap pads being sold.

ECE-R90 is a European quality standard that requires all replacement Brake Pads to perform within certain parameters to Original Equipment specification.

Russ

Certain parameters doesn't mean the same. I only speak from experience.

Top Bottom