Hello from the Far North!

Fiona/Trevor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi Avantgarde (now swapped for a very reliable VW)
Hi there everyone,

thought I'd introduce us - this is Fiona from Orkney, and my fiancé Trevor currently lives in Shetland, but it will normally be me posting on here.

We have a Mercedes E320cdi Avantgarde, automatic. The story of its arrival in our lives is quite amusing - we were coming south for a holiday and Trevor left Shetland on the 14 hour ferry trip to Aberdeen. I got on and joined him when the ferry stopped en route in Orkney halfway through the journey.

I was expecting the car he'd come with to be the Skoda Octavia which he'd bought a few weeks previously. He left me to have a lie in and went off to "drive the Skoda off and meet a friend for breakfast in the cafe".

When I walked off the ferry at Aberdeen to meet him, get in the car and drive 600 miles south, he said "oh, where did I leave the Skoda? Oh dear, we'll have to take this instead" and he pressed the button on the key and this huge posh silver Mercedes went "FLASH". It's the only time he can remember me being totally lost for words!

He'd sold the Skoda bought this E320, after seeing it on Gumtree, and his friend had just driven it from its previous home in Lossiemouth to the pier at Aberdeen. I was initially rather concerned, as my daily car is a 15 year old Yaris I got for £600 4 years ago, which has never had any issues. However I'm now rather fond of the Merc. It has been looked after very well and although it's eleven years old the mileage is low and all the doors except the drive's door were stiff as they've never been used! It's like new all round. It's very comfortable on drives up and down the country and the only thing I don't like is the low mpg and the high running costs - it's not cheap to own! There have been all kinds of small things to fix already, and it has too much computer stuff for my liking.

We do drive a long way though, and it feels safe and fast.

So that's the story of our first Mercedes!

Fiona

Top Bottom