Hello

chris0161

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270cdi
Hi everyone, first post from a first time MB owner with a few questions.

Just bought an '04 54 C270 cdi avantgarde se.

A couple of points i hope you can help me with:

1. Where should the locking wheel nut be kept, i assume in the boot with the tool kit? If it has been lost then what is the likely cost of a replacement?

2. What is the cost of buying and having programmed a second key, this is assuming the dealer cant find it tommorow when he has another look for it.

3. Should this model come with brake wear indicators and does it come with drilled front discs as standard?

I've read the manual but its not very clear on which models have what equipment, what with all the different options.

I will be trying to get hold of the previous owner tommorow regarding the whereabouts of the wheel nut and the second key but would like to be armed with a bit more info beforehand if possible.

I'm sure i will have lots more questions in due time but if anyone can with these points meanwhile i would be most grateful.

Thanks In Advance
Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

And very nice too

1. Where should the locking wheel nut be kept, i assume in the boot with the tool kit? If it has been lost then what is the likely cost of a replacement?

It should be in the tool roll or with the spare wheel,,if it is not there , pop into you MB deale and they have a test set to see what one it is,,and they will order it for you.

2. What is the cost of buying and having programmed a second key, this is assuming the dealer cant find it tomorow when he has another look for it.

The second key will cost around £200

3. Should this model come with brake wear indicators and does it come with drilled front discs as standard?

You will have the twin wire system, that cuts the sensor wire,,this will put the lamp on until the new pads ar fitted

I've read the manual but its not very clear on which models have what equipment, what with all the different options.

Feed your complete VIN number here,,and you will get the complete list

http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

I will be trying to get hold of the previous owner tommorow regarding the whereabouts of the wheel nut and the second key but would like to be armed with a bit more info beforehand if possible.

I'm sure i will have lots more questions in due time but if anyone can with these points meanwhile i would be most grateful.

Thanks In Advance
Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris :D:D:D

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)

2. What is the cost of buying and having programmed a second key, this is assuming the dealer cant find it tomorrow when he has another look for it.

I will be trying to get hold of the previous owner tomorrow regarding the whereabouts of the wheel nut and the second key but would like to be armed with a bit more info beforehand if possible.

Thanks In Advance
Chris

Hi Chris,

Good choice of car and year - built after most of the earlier problems were remedied.

The locking wheel nut is usually in the glovebox, or beside the spare wheel - if the spare is a steel wheel it will have a separate set of wheel nuts in a packet and the locking nut may have been placed with them.

Second keys are expensive (around £200), so worth stipulating that as part of the purchase.

It does come with brake wear indicators, although on some models they are only fitted to one side (MB economy drive!). I don't know if drilled discs are standard on that car. They are on AMG models.

OP
C

chris0161

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C270cdi
Thanks for the welcome and speedy responces.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom