Help,girlie question!

sezpet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 e500 saloon avantgarde
Hi everyone, i have a mercedes e500 on an 05 plate with 54000 on the clock.I have recently noticed that on brisk acceleration the automatic transmission seems to be slipping a little between gear changes. As i am your typical girl i know nothing about my car other that how to drive it and i don t want to be had over by my local garage, anyone know what could be possibly causing the problem? many thanks

estateowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 - E320 - 1995/W168 - A160 - 2005
If you've never had the gearbox oil changed, it might be a good start. If it's a simple problem, this simple solution should do the trick.

Make sure you get new joints and filter too.

By the way, what a fantastic motor you drive. Any chance of a few pictures?

OP
S

sezpet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thank you for your reply and many thanks for the compliments about my car, i love it to bits,i had a e280 previously and this knocks the spots off it, i will see what i can do about pics and i will follow your advice,just hate people messing with my car, always worried that they dont know there stuff,thanks anyway,sarah

estateowner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 - E320 - 1995/W168 - A160 - 2005
I thought I'd be crossing the line as we've only just met... :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum,,do you know a good indie that can check the box fluid level for you

OP
S

sezpet

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
what a cheeky lot you are! My car is far more gorgeous than me but a lot less expensive to keep!

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Excuse the lads Sezpet, they are easily affected when the Sun shines

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
what a cheeky lot you are! My car is far more gorgeous than me but a lot less expensive to keep!

I have been very good and well behaved :cool::D;)

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300

We need evidence of that. As for the expensive to keep bit, money is no object as I don't have any. :D

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi everyone, i have a mercedes e500 on an 05 plate with 54000 on the clock.I have recently noticed that on brisk acceleration the automatic transmission seems to be slipping a little between gear changes. As i am your typical girl i know nothing about my car other that how to drive it and i don t want to be had over by my local garage, anyone know what could be possibly causing the problem? many thanks

There is a flaw in the logic here - typical girl, drives an E500 - I don't think so!

Any woman driving that sort of merchandise goes up in all of our estimations Sarah - especially if you can detect slippage in the midst of all that torque.

You can fool some of the people most of the time, but you ain't foolin us! :shock:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
There is a flaw in the logic here - typical girl, drives an E500 - I don't think so!

Any woman driving that sort of merchandise goes up in all of our estimations Sarah - especially if you can detect slippage in the midst of all that torque.

You can fool some of the people most of the time, but you ain't foolin us! :shock:

Oh listen to Alex pouring on the charm lol

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
especially if you can detect slippage in the midst

Theres a real good joke in there ...somewhere.... But I'm far too much of a gentleman to point it out

oooooeeerrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I think I just did !!!!!!!

Back to the naughty step with Helen ....AGAIN!!!!!!

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
You've got to love this place! New girl signs on, asks an innocent question and it just deteriorates from there. :lol: :lol:

sezpet, you've got to excuse this lot. They're only like this until the medication start to work. Eventually you might even get an answer to your problem. Patience is the key. :)

psmart

Reaction score
Please ignore the deprived old codgers, they've got to wait for heaven before they can commit a cardinal sin again : o)

Seriously though, have you got the 7G box? I have a 500 on the ML and the box is a disgrace. Apparently a software update will sort it, but my service 3 months ago the dealer couldn't be bothered to do it and I don't have time to chase them!
If you have, I'd suggest getting it to a dealer and getting a software update done as first step.

Top Bottom