Help in removing MB Radio/CD Player

mbportcul1s

Reaction score
I have an 1999 SLK 230 fitted with the MB Audio 10 CD player (model MF 2910). Unfortunately I was not given the security code when I purchased the car. Can anyone tell me how to remove the radio/CD unit so that I can check the serial number in order to get one of these decoding Companies to give me the code. Also, can anyone recommend an outfit that can do this ?

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
You need the two keys that fit into the slots on each side of the front panel. The unit can then be pulled out.

The code will have to be gotten from MB - my dealer quoted £15 IIRC.

Edited to add:

MB told me they can get the code with just your Reg/VIN No but they can't guarantee the code will be correct as the radio could've been changed. The only way to guarantee the code is to use the Serial No from the radio.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just do a search "radio coding" and one in your area will come up

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
I have an 1999 SLK 230 fitted with the MB Audio 10 CD player (model MF 2910). Unfortunately I was not given the security code when I purchased the car. Can anyone tell me how to remove the radio/CD unit so that I can check the serial number in order to get one of these decoding Companies to give me the code. Also, can anyone recommend an outfit that can do this ?

once you have the radio out, the code will uaually have been written on top by someone, failling that, phone the dealer who originally sold the car, and quote your vin number

Top Bottom