Help locating oil filter on W202 C200

OP
D

Danny341

Reaction score
Removing the engine cover?

I tried to spin this cover off today, spent a good 20 mins on it trying different methods, It is certainly rather FT isnt it???

So seeing as im going away in the car this weekend, and i didnt want anything to break the day before i go, i just drained the oil and refilled with fresh... Once i get back, i will look into getting that cap off again...

So, From all the posts im abit confused about this cap, is the black plastic a cover, and then there is a oil filter underneath it? Im presuming now that the oil filter on this is different to the Honda im used too...

I think when i get back, i might go to my local stealer and just order everything from that area...

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
You don't have a screw on filter just a filter element under your black filter cap. Your photo shows the filter cap/cover a treat, just unscrew and fit the new filter element.

OP
D

Danny341

Reaction score
Ahh right i see now, Thanks for the diagram... I think i will deffo head into the stealers and order the 3 new parts (Filter, ring seal and the new cap) for the cost, i know its done right then, and its one more thing of the long list ticked!

Again thanks to all you guys, you have been great and most helpful, You can all have yourselves Gold Stars from me :) :cool:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom