HELP!! My outside temp display still shown -38C

andylee30

Reaction score
I have a 1999 C220 CDI. Only got the car about a month ago.First the outside temp display is always shown -38C. Checked the sensor and it was missing:shock:! I thought it's just a matter purchased a new one from the dealer. Finally, received a new sensor a couple of days ago. Clipped it on to the wire connector just behind the front number plate. Still no joy, the display is still shown -38C. So, cleaned it with the contact cleaner. Still no joy:crybaby2:!! Can anyone tell me what else i can do??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I will take a look later in the day to see if there is any testing known for this

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Look out of the window, are there any Polar Bears around and is it all very white? If so, then I think I've sorted your problem....you're in the Artic.

Happy to help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Look out of the window, are there any Polar Bears around and is it all very white? If so, then I think I've sorted your problem....you're in the Artic.

Happy to help.

The funny thing is Peter that -38c does not feel any difference to -10c though it is said that you do not last as long at -38 even if you cannot feel it

Peter De La Mare

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
15 reg E63, 14 reg Smart Passion and 64reg Caterham Levante.
Thanks for that, I did wonder if there was something like that in effect when I watch Ice Road Truckers and seeing the guys (and girls) wondering around in -40 quite happily.

Still rather take your word for it, rather then try it for myself though. !

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Thats what mine displayed when I didnt have one.
Perhaps connections come loose.
Behind front bumper (in front of plastic wheel arch) drivers side. Assuming its a common position.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thats what mine displayed when I didnt have one.
Perhaps connections come loose.
Behind front bumper (in front of plastic wheel arch) drivers side. Assuming its a common position.

I fell the same,, and you are right when they fail saying -38 . The socket or cable could be damaged through just hanging down

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
It shoud read welcome to siberia

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i wonder what condition the tiny terminals in the plug were in. with no sensor plugged in they are in a very vulnerable place with crud and corrosion, so could just be a shot connector.

OP
A

andylee30

Reaction score
would you have any pics or have more details??? I had looked at the back of the cluster. No lose connection shown!!

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Can only find the pics on mine.
But basically It had the connector on the same part of the loom as the front fog. And that further back had the head light connector on.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom