Help Needed Drivers Seat Split On Seam S 205 2015 Premium Plus

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Hi All...Help Needed! Drivers Artico Heated Electric Seat Split On Seam.... S 205 2015 Premium Plus...1st real problem since new...its out of warranty....going to speak to the dealer next week....hoping for some goodwill!
Its not really good enough on a £41k car...I'm only 10.5 stone in weight...the car has only done 17k
Full MB Service history....What do you recon on my chances of some goodwill...

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
I think you have a very good case, and I wouldn’t say you need Goodwill, it simply should not of happened.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Hi All...Help Needed! Drivers Artico Heated Electric Seat Split On Seam.... S 205 2015 Premium Plus...1st real problem since new...its out of warranty....going to speak to the dealer next week....hoping for some goodwill!
Its not really good enough on a £41k car...I'm only 10.5 stone in weight...the car has only done 17k
Full MB Service history....What do you recon on my chances of some goodwill...
The key positive for you is 'Full MB Service history' and the age of the car. It has clearly failed too early. Is the rest of the car immaculate? I had some work done on mine as a 'good will gesture' to repair a roof panel and mine was still under MB service history. No guarantee, but maybe you'll get them on a good day.

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The key positive for you is 'Full MB Service history' and the age of the car. It has clearly failed too early. Is the rest of the car immaculate? I had some work done on mine as a 'good will gesture' to repair a roof panel and mine was still under MB service history. No guarantee, but maybe you'll get them on a good day.

Hi Thanks for your positive comments...yes the car is perfect....not a stone chip...not even a scuff on the alloys...Esplanade on the Isle of Wight are my dealer and they have always been excellent...I had all 4 diamond cut alloys on my previous amg sport plus replaced under warranty...due to premature failure of the lacquer….But this one is out of warranty...fingers and toes crossed

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think you have a very good case, and I wouldn’t say you need Goodwill, it simply should not of happened.

I agree.... Its a straight split along the stitching line...just before the seat back...2nd row in...looks like a manufacturing fault to me

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Thanks for your positive comments...yes the car is perfect....not a stone chip...not even a scuff on the alloys...Esplanade on the Isle of Wight are my dealer and they have always been excellent...I had all 4 diamond cut alloys on my previous amg sport plus replaced under warranty...due to premature failure of the lacquer….But this one is out of warranty...fingers and toes crossed
No problem at all, As this is your main dealer and these are the ones that have serviced then you would like to think that they could help. I have my fingers crossed for you.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
I agree.... Its a straight split along the stitching line...just before the seat back...2nd row in...looks like a manufacturing fault to me

If it’s any consolation, I am 3 stone heavier than your good self, and my seats are perfect after covering 115k miles.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Given the history and car I’d be at least a little hopeful they will play fair and at least offer a contribution

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well...having been to Esplanade my local dealer...who took photo's and submitted them to Mercedes...they have agreed to part contribute for the replacement of the seat squab and the door handle led which has also failed...with a good bit of help from Matthew the service manager and a little extra contribution from Esplanade themselves...I am getting both done for £200 all in...The cost of replacing the seat base cushion was originally almost £800 and the LED handle light just shy of £300...So I pretty good...I still think they should have done the seat FOC but to be fair the car is out of warranty and almost 4 years old

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well...having been to Esplanade my local dealer...who took photo's and submitted them to Mercedes...they have agreed to part contribute for the replacement of the seat squab and the door handle led which has also failed...with a good bit of help from Matthew the service manager and a little extra contribution from Esplanade themselves...I am getting both done for £200 all in...The cost of replacing the seat base cushion was originally almost £800 and the LED handle light just shy of £300...So I pretty good...I still think they should have done the seat FOC but to be fair the car is out of warranty and almost 4 years old
Not a bad result, but I agree, these seats shouldn't fail so easily, if that's the norm, then they are not fit for purpose.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
.... but to be fair the car is out of warranty and almost 4 years old

A seat should last longer than 4 years what ever the mileage or size of the driver. The leather seats of my Omega looked as new when I sold it ... it was 13 yrs old with 180 000 miles on the clock.

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A seat should last longer than 4 years what ever the mileage or size of the driver. The leather seats of my Omega looked as new when I sold it ... it was 13 yrs old with 180 000 miles on the clock.
What else could I have done? Esplanade did their best! I could have got stroppy...but what good would it have done...at least its getting done for about £150 and the led for £50

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What else could I have done? Esplanade did their best! I could have got stroppy...but what good would it have done...at least its getting done for about £150 and the led for £50
Don't worry too much, like you said, this wasn't covered under warranty, when you've paid the money the seat will be as good as new.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Esplanade did the right thing .... my point was that you shouldn't have been in that position with a 4 yr old car, and as you live on the IOW I assume there's not that many miles on the car ....:)

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Esplanade did the right thing .... my point was that you shouldn't have been in that position with a 4 yr old car, and as you live on the IOW I assume there's not that many miles on the car ....:)

Hi again...yes the mileage is low just under 18K....it should definitely not have failed...I think Esplanade have been very fair...they did their best with Mercedes...plus added a bit of their own....I still think Mercedes should have done it FOC but when you include the door handle led as well...£200 is not the end of the world...lol

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi again...yes the mileage is low just under 18K....it should definitely not have failed...I think Esplanade have been very fair...they did their best with Mercedes...plus added a bit of their own....I still think Mercedes should have done it FOC but when you include the door handle led as well...£200 is not the end of the world...lol
I think you've a good result and the dealer has supported you well :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ this...well done and well done to Esplanade- good old fashioned decent customer care there

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
A far better result than I would have expected. Well done your dealer. (Yes I know it should have been FOC, but nowadays that's a great result)

Top Bottom