Help needed for c200 cdi problem!!!

bigiqi

New Registration
Reaction score
hi guys, i have a problem with my car was wondering if anybody out there could give me a solution please. ok my car is a c200 cdi on a 05 reg. a few days back i started to have a problem with the fuses. each time i went to start the car the fuse would blow the fuse was a 15 amp after blowing 5 i replaced it with a 30 amp fuse it has not blown that since but i cannot start the car sometimes. i turn the key and nothing then if i leave it for about 20mins or so it will start but then when i drive the car after 15mins of driving i start to lose power and the car will not go over 3000rpm. anybody out there that can help me please?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Was it fuse 51, left rear in the fuse board as you look at it (front SAM) ?

If so then the starter is on its way out, the starter fuse should be 20amp on all C/E classes, MB did a recall some years ago for this,

Welcome to the forums!

Busyboy

Reaction score
i had this problem and was thinking the worst till i read up on this problem on here , anyway new started fitted last week and all is good again :cool:

S-A-M / U-N-I-T

thankyou for the spot on advice , you saved me a lot of p155ing about & money taking the car over to a sparky only to be told the same , :)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom