Help needed - SL350 - Alarm going mental

K6TYD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc SL350 Brabus
I have a 2003 SL350 and the alarm seems to be going mental everytime I lock it with the keyfob (not keyless entry). Sometimes an alarm sounds, sometimes just the hazards flash, and last night when i went over 90mph then the dash turned red and a message came on that the bonnet was open (went off under 82mph). Sometimes the hazards flash without me locking it too - just when its sat on the drive and I havent touched the car in hours. I've resorted to locking the doors with the metal key insert in the fob. Pleeeeeeeease can someone help, its making me not want to drive it as I know the alarm will go off wherever I leave it!! About a month ago I returned off holiday and the doors wouldnt open with the fob, and it came up with the consumer unit offline, and it seems since then everythings been going wrong!!! Please help!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum,,,I will come back to this after 6pm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The first thing you need to do is to lift the boot floor cover, and on the left you have the oof and PSE pump. If the PSE pump is the is under the roof and enclosed in a foam block, is it damp,if it is, then water has got into the boot, this also fits in to all of the rain that we have had of late,, do look for any water stains or marks in that area behind the 2 pumps, can you check this out and post back please

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Water in the front Sam ring any bells Malc??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Water in the front Sam ring any bells Malc??

I went out to buy an Ice cream to think before I posted :D

Its not really water in the front SAM,it is condensation to start off the silly faults,,all of the locking is from the rear one, along with the alarm settings.

The part about the "consumers switched off" does fit in quite nicely,, the SAM starts shorting out and drains the battery to 11.75 volt where it then switches everything off.

The 230 is very much like the 170 and gets the same problem id water has got in

OP
K

K6TYD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc SL350 Brabus
Thanks fellas - will try tonight when i get home - its been left at home again as I feel embarrassed about it going off in the work car park all day!!! ;-(

OP
K

K6TYD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc SL350 Brabus
I looked at the foam etc, no marks, no dampness, no funny colouring - nothing!! Ive taken it into AMG Cheshire who plugged it into STAR and its reported back a tonne of faults!! they are hooking it up to a diagnostic thing in the next couple of days (as the system has broke) clearing the faults, running the car and seeing what returns.... they were also scratching their heads - but apparently its not the car alarm whats going off, its another kind of alarm... a quiet electric type of one coming from the front battery area!:confused::confused::confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
These cars can show a lot of faults, though most do not exist, The passenger SAM could have the corrosion fault where condensation sets in

DSC00139.jpg

Top Bottom