Help needed

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Hi guys just brought a Mercedes 2011 c220cdi estate its got the engine management light up guy I brought from had it scanned and said a glow plug is faulty but I can’t see how as the car starts fine and has no running issues what so ever I’ll post up the codes does anyone know what it could be???

Attachments

• EACDBB96-97E5-4547-BA1D-C94FF44BCB5B.png
    EACDBB96-97E5-4547-BA1D-C94FF44BCB5B.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 20

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
If twas me I would note everything down, screenshot, phone pic then clear all codes. See what comes back or won't clear. Then, frankly, Google the codes that won't go away and post that on here.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Also one faulty glow plug could bring up that error
If ur other plugs are ok car likely still start OK unless really cold.

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
You've chopped off the first character of those codes, but I guess it was U rather P. They are all communication faults, so that isn't a glow plug fault. It's even in the description. It's saying there is no comms between PCM and glow module.
The fact there is missing comms with the alternator I suggest they both haven't failed but there is something dragging that bus down. I assume they are on a LIN bus.

The guy you bought it from is probably trying to pull a fast one. I bet he knows it's not a just plug.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Well when i drove the car home tonight the light has gone out now it’s stopped and turnt the car of a few times and. It’s not come back on is a real bad problem them codes is going to be a major issue with the car have. Brought a real bad lemon ???

supernoodle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2005 2.1D
The fact the faults on the other modules were comms and there were 21 DTCs in total could have been battery got flat related if car had been sat, someone disconnecting stuff. I see they were historic when the screen was taken.

As you don't know the history not much you can do, just have to wait and see if they occur again.

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
As per advice above, clear the codes, drive it and see what comes back.
Mercedes don't like low batteries, so that could have caused many codes.
It may be nothing more than that if it drives well now

Where abouts are you (to recommend a good local garage option if you cannot clear the codes)?

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
The fact the faults on the other modules were comms and there were 21 DTCs in total could have been battery got flat related if car had been sat, someone disconnecting stuff. I see they were historic when the screen was taken.

As you don't know the history not much you can do, just have to wait and see if they occur again.
Ok thank you for all your help

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass

Where abouts are you (to recommend a good local garage option if you cannot clear the codes)?
Funnily enough I’ve just checked under the boot to see how old the battery looked, low and behold I see a set of jump leads!!! I bet the car has been sitting for a while

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass

I’m in Harlow Essex

sausage

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL
Be organised: Evidence everything, keep records,photos, screenshots of sellers adverts, save emails, record phone calls. Do it all within the timeframe of the warranty.

OP
L

Lee Endean

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Be organised: Evidence everything, keep records,photos, screenshots of sellers adverts, save emails, record phone calls. Do it all within the timeframe of the warranty.
Yeah he’s a private trader has not got a garage that’s the only problem

Top Bottom