Help please - 2009 CLK200 Bluetooth

ScreechXL

Reaction score
Hello gang,

I am not a MB owner myself but am researching on behalf of my Father-in-Law.

He has recently bought one of the last 2009 CLKs and would like to install the Bluetooth module but thinks it will be too expensive and a lot of hassle.

I'd like to try and get it sorted for him as a surprise for his imminent birthday.

I am unsure what exact model of entertainment system is installed but it is not a navigation unit but the phone buttons are all in place on the wheel/dash.

My question is this: what do I need to get him please?

Any info would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

James

P.S. He's not interested in the cradle aspect for charging etc, just the Bluetooth connection to the sound system. All the info I've found so far seems to indicate that you must have a phone specific cradle installed, but to me this at odds with the whole point of Bluetooth (i.e. wireless - leave it in your pocket etc).

djb

Reaction score
hi
the first thing is to determine if the car has phone prep option installed,
seeem to remember option514, others will corect.

Lift upper centre arm rest locker, if there is a triangularish domed plastic cover at the rearward end, remove cover, & there should be plugs below.

If so buy either the blue tooth puck HFP or the SAP version if his phone supports it. The puck is instead of a cradle see ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_...es+bluetooth+cradle&_sacat=See-All-Categories new about 240-400 ish

for examples.There is also a device called visio, however Ihave no experiance of it.

If no plug, see dealer,eyewateringly expensive.

OP
S

ScreechXL

Reaction score
djb,

Thank you so much for the info -very useful.

I did have a look a few weeks ago and there was definitely a plastic cover and a box of tricks behind it - so I think I'm going to take a risk and get a puck as you suggest.

How do I know if I need a HFP or SAP puck? He has just bought a new nokia phone (2330 I think).

Thanks again for the help - it's speeded up my searching enormously!

James

djb

Reaction score
djb,

Thank you so much for the info -very useful.

I did have a look a few weeks ago and there was definitely a plastic cover and a box of tricks behind it - so I think I'm going to take a risk and get a puck as you suggest.

How do I know if I need a HFP or SAP puck? He has just bought a new nokia phone (2330 I think).

Thanks again for the help - it's speeded up my searching enormously!

James

the hfp works with nearly all phones & is easy to link/ pair car to phone. some phones will upload contacts to the car. the sap one is more complicated to link, ie blue tooth pair, but has the advantage it uses the car ariel, so signal strength is better along with the advantage of being sap, ie the phones sim is eletronically transfered to the car and the hand set goes to reduced power. By comparison the hfp connection uses quite a lot of the phones battery, even on standby. Dont know if the 2330 is a sap phone

http://shop.mercedes-benzofmiltonkeynes.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1377

might help, note phones on 3 dont work with the mb sap due to 3's tx/rx frequencies.(1800 as opposed to the 800-900 of o2 & voda etc) Dont forget the phone used must have blue tooth with a head set profile, for the hfp and a sap profile for the sap version.

one other thing
both systems onece set up are great in that as long as blue t is on the connection self initiates on unlocking the car.
2nd otherthing, if you are on a call and arrive at destination , with the sap the call has to be terminated as it cant be transfered back to the handset.

onthe hfp,the headset can be turned off on the phone restoring speach to the handset. also numbers can be dialed from the hand set while paired.

Last edited:
OP
S

ScreechXL

Reaction score
djb,

Gotta say a massive thank you yet again for all that info. Now, fully armed, I go off into the wilds of ebay to find a unit.

Cheers,

James

N

npuk

I would higly recommend the Vieseeo. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/home.php?cat=252

This is the connector the car will have if it has telephone pre-wire. Without it none of the bluetooth cradles will work.

ML_HFP_connector_384.jpg

OP
S

ScreechXL

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice npuk, great link.

Top Bottom