Help ! Please e220 cdi 2001 autobox problems

tillydale

Reaction score
Hi folks

New to Mercedes autoboxes, just bought a 2001 e220 cdi 74k on the clock, problem is the autobox, It will pull like a train and kick down as it should, up to well past 100mph for maybe the frst 20 - 30 miles of a journey then as i approach lights or a roundabout or a hill etc slow down and go to accelerate it bogs down as if its changed through the entire box in 10 yards, no kick down is available the tiptronic selection seems to make the engine rev up to 3000rpm in third and still bog down and then its a long crawl up to 60mph, it will reset for another 20 - 30 miles if you cut the ignition , please help

Regards

Simon

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum,, I would unplug the MAF and try the car, ignore any rough idle

rich.g.williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor Coupe 2003
It's difficult to work out what's happening from your description.

From the sound of it its going into "limp mode" either because of an engine problem (maf sensor?) or transmission problem.

Whatever the problem is it's not the most serious because it goes away after a reset (ignition turned off).

If engine is sticking at 3000 rpm sounds more like engine problem (maf sensor?)

If the transmission is changing down roughly into a low gear such as 3rd gear and then staying in third gear maybe its more of a transmission problem.

I have similar problem with my transmission at present in that all is OK until it gets into 3rd gear then it goes into limp mode.

If its the transmission It can be something simple (350 pounds) or something more complicated (1500 pounds).

PS the 100mph is potentially a lot more expensive.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom