HELP: Rear Parking Sensor Pushed in (damaged)...

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
Hi,

Two of my rear sensor have popped inside as my car was hit at low speed, I want to put them back but I am struggling to remove the rear bumper sensor trim.

Please let me know how I can remove the rear bumper sensor trim from a mercedes w220 non-facelift without damaging the bumper.
I have tried to remove it but it doesn't come off and if I try harder it will damage the bumper.
Please let me know if there is a special technique or tool to use to remove it.
Mercedes dealer told me not to do so as I will damage it and want to charge 120 GBP for that?

Please let me know

Cheers

It really does just pop off like the photos I posted on page one of this thread. Use a trim removal tool if you are worried about damaging the bumper with a flat bladed screwdriver. Take a look at the 2nd photo, it shows the clips that hold the strip in; they really arent too difficult to remove.

Baz

wrdcc01

Reaction score
Don't play about with glue it won't hold it for very long you can buy a replacement from MB for £4, I just replaced all mine as they all had at least one lug broken off! I ordered mine from Inchcape over the net and they arrived next day. http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.uk/ part number for the rear ones is A2208850167.
All the best
Dean

sevalex

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c 200 Avantgarde 2011
Hi

My car(W220) has had one of the rear sensors pushed and it is sitting in the hole, feels a bit springy. The car goes mad each time I stick into reverse so have switched them off but this makes parking impossible!

What is required to repair? Is it easy for a compentant DIYer or a stealer job? If stealer how much would they charge?

Thanks in advance.

Jig
Jig,

The bar that holds the rear parking sensors only clips into the rear bumper and can be popped out to access the sensors behind.

The individual sensors clip into little posts in the strip and as the plastic is quite soft; it will probably have just come unclipped and won't have damaged the clips at all and should refit really easily. Just been and took these for you

Baz

Looks like this...
IMG_0139Copy.jpg

Pop the trim out a little...
IMG_0141Copy.jpg

Heres the sensor in its little housing
IMG_0140Copy.jpg

A few different angles of the sensor housing.
IMG_0142Copy.jpg

IMG_0143Copy.jpg

Not got round to wiring mine up yet!!!

Hi , I cannot open the photos to see how to do it, could you please resend them? Thank you

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom