HELP! The Scorpion alarm has stopped working!

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Don't know why, but Scorpion alarm remote won't work at all.

Have fitted fob with a brand new Energiser battery & led lights up as it should but no action from car!!

Has been working superbly since got the car 4 month's ago.

Have been told sometime in the past, that reciever is under seats somewhere, but don't know where.

Can anyone direct me to a helpfull website or usefull techy phone number please.

Only Scorpions were fitted by dealers to all Mercs up to end of 94, and after that fitted thier own security devices on key fob handle - in factory.

Having to lock car with key in lock, which is proving irritating every time I leave a window open & its about to rain, I'm getting wet having to go out & make sure everythings closed.

Many thanks, Keith. (Alias - Mr Lazy).

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
The control unit for the Scorpion alarm can usually be found under the drivers side dashboard shroud, below the steering column.

I don't know how to re-program it, but on two W124's, I have found it there, screwed to a cross member, it is a small black rectangular box about 20cm x 10cm x 2cm.

Good Luck,

Richard

joe bloggs

Reaction score
If your remote is the one with the 2 buttons try holding the left button down while next to the car for a while 30 seconds should do it, although it may take longer, there will be no signs of life, but it should start working on the next use (this re-syncs the remote). Also make sure the ultrasonic cut-out switch on the side is either up or down, midway stops the remote working.

nicky

Banned
Reaction score
If the alarm is totally gone why not fit a replacment alarm using the exsisting wires,,,you can pick up a toad alarm with two remotes for about £80 and fit the system into the original setup....I have seen this done on a Landrover discovery,Much cheaper than messing around with old key fobes...

John Turner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S124 250TD (1989), S124 E300TD (1995), S211 E320 cdi Sport (2007)
Scorpion have been taken over by Electro Systems Ltd in Chorley. Telephone 01257 249928 and ask to speak to Tony - he is formerly of Scorpion and solved all of my queries, knowing the systems in side out. I understand that Scorpion alarms are being reborn by the new company, with some state of the art alarms.
John

OP
PINBALL

PINBALL

Reaction score
Website
www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 E230 / 124 E220 /124 E280 /210 E320 CDI Wagons
Many, many thanks to all replies...

Some very helpfull info there.

Toad system may seem like a sensible road to go down, as car & alarm are over 10 years old & its not going to get any better really.

Electro-systems tell me most popular spare parts have now mostly gone, so to keep getting repaired or re-tuned on 10 yr old technology is not going to do me any favours in the long run.

Just like pinball machines, solder joints are an ever increasing problem, as the flux deteriorates & slowly corrodes.

Keith.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom