Help: We have No R

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Being driven mad by an advert for Peugeot. Drive sexy is the theme. Good looking girl looks at car. Asks for facts. He gives her some. Then she says: "Is it available in any colour other than black?"

He replies: - "we have no R".

What in heck's name does it all mean?

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
its not 'no R', its NOIR, which is French for Black . But not sure that makes any more sense!!

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
i love the bit where she says "Fact Me" In certain accents it could be heard as "F**K ME" (I'm assuming at this point she just noticed the price of said pug 308!!!!!)
Or it could be a request...........

At which point of course it would be very rude to let the young lady down so I would have to obilge!!!!!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
i love the bit where she says "Fact Me" In certain accents it could be heard as "F**K ME" (I'm assuming at this point she just noticed the price of said pug 308!!!!!)
Or it could be a request...........

At which point of course it would be very rude to let the young lady down so I would have to obilge!!!!!

Brilliant response young sir, if I was as nubile or do I mean horny:confused: as I once was nobody but nobody would have got a look in;)

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Being driven mad by an advert for Peugeot. Drive sexy is the theme. Good looking girl looks at car. Asks for facts. He gives her some. Then she says: "Is it available in any colour other than black?"

He replies: - "we have no R".

What in heck's name does it all mean?

leading such a sheltered life is not good for you, stunts your growth etc;)

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
not no R
Noir

Many thanks. Lost on me and I speak French.
Surely no cars in Britain offer that colour do they (with the French spelling?) So the rather good joke must be lost on quite a few people not just me, I hope!
To have an American saying it to an English woman hardly hints at a French language joke does it? (even if the car is French).

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Talk posh then do we;)

Aye.
I hate trendy business speak. Working in commercial IT we can have entire conversations so full of buzzwords and acronyms that at the end you sit there thinking, I can't remember anyone using any real words.

I once attended a meeting where a senior manager announced she was leaving her job as it no longer met her personal CTQ's.
(CTQ is 'quality speak' for "Critical to Quality" or in English - what you need to do to get it right).
I wanted to slap her.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
:rolleyes: If it was possible to have double entendre without innuendo, would the French notice? :rolleyes:

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Many thanks. Lost on me and I speak French.

You need to speak french in an american accent to understand it.
I wonder if Peugeot are selling it in the US?

Russ

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I once attended a meeting where a senior manager announced she was leaving her job as it no longer met her personal CTQ's.
(CTQ is 'quality speak' for "Critical to Quality" or in English - what you need to do to get it right).
I wanted to slap her.

Perhaps that would have met her CTQs faster than you might imagine? :confused::Oops:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom