HELP! Where can I get a new supercharger?

Drifter7

Reaction score
Just had my '97 SLK 230 diagnosed at a Merc dealer as needing a new supercharger - been quoted over £1600 in parts alone.

Is there anywhere that I can get one for less and anyone who will do the repairs? Car is in Bucks.

Thanks...

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Have a look on e-bay as i have seen MB Kompressors come up quite regulary, most being new, most breakers I think would,nt split from the engine, but you could try, Dronsfields or Merc-man and see what they have to say. But do have the kompressor pt. no. to hand as the 230 engine i believe had several different ones depending on the platform they were fitted too.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Just found this one e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-SUPE...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318
There is also a complete engine for £695 if this one proves to be the wrong one.
If you have,nt got the pt. no. for the kompressor, i,m sure someone could look it up for you, but you will have to supply the full chassis number of the vehicle.
The only people i get to do my car are in the Southampton Portsmouth area, so probably to far from you, but i feel sure someone in your area will be on later to reccommend somewhere.

OP
D

Drifter7

Reaction score
Cheers guys, much appreciated!

Dronsfield's seem to have one for £500 - ajnyone used either them or Mercman previously? Out of interest, where do their parts come from i.e. are they used or pattern parts?

Will give them a call in the morning...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom