Help!

madsmerc

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a clk 230 Elegance. I have no previous knowledge of Mercedes and do not seem to be able to activate the park brake. I have not got a owners manual with the car and I am finding it hard to find a copy. Could anyone help a newbee?:roll:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Dont understand the fault you have, you push it down with your foot???????

Welcome to the forums!

OP
M

madsmerc

Reaction score
There is no warning light to tell me it is activated?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is with the ignition turned on..or you have not pushed it hard enough

OP
M

madsmerc

Reaction score
So to activate the parking brake you press the brake pedal till the light on the dash comes on?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So to activate the parking brake you press the brake pedal till the light on the dash comes on?

You must push it hard enough to hold the car,,,,If I were you I would go and find a hill,,and the push the pedal hard enough to stop the car from rolling,, and yes it is an hard push

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
You must push it hard enough to hold the car,,,,If I were you I would go and find a hill,,and the push the pedal hard enough to stop the car from rolling,, and yes it is an hard push

I *think *the guy is getting confused with the foot brake (pedal next to the accelerator)! :rolleyes:

The parking brake is a foot activated brake on the far left, hard up against the transmission tunnel - you'll both hear and feel it click when you've put it on right. You then use the handle on the right under side of the steering wheel to release it.

Hope that clears it up?

Cheers,
Mark

OP
M

madsmerc

Reaction score
I have just discovered the little high up brake peddle.:D All is well in the world once again.;)

OP
M

madsmerc

Reaction score
Thank you all for guiding me through a blonde moment.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom