help

elwaynio

Reaction score
just bought c250 td 1999 plate and got no interior handbook dont know what certain buttons do ie ec button or rest ive probably sent this to the wrong place so if anyone can help it would make my day thanks:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome with your nice car :D

With the EC lamp when the LED is lit up, the Air con is off, the rest button allows heating in the passenger dept if you are parked up and waiting for some one

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
thankyou

i will go to car now to see if that is making the heater play up ps i thought ec was economy i feel a bit thick ps im in west country

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dont feel like that,,they are very confusing,,and I am in the west country as well :D

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
sorry to bother you again

i appear to have moved any idea were too.not very good with computers over 40 you see.thanks

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
You can buy a owner' s handbook from your local MB dealer for not a lot of money.

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
fair enough

ive just posted new message as ive tried the ec button on with red light and the heater still wont blow it does every now and then when im driving.also ive been driving it with ec swith off(not lit up red)would this be a probelm as its been pretty cold the last few days as you know.ps taunton but work in ilfracoombe.thanks for your time.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You could have a problem with your heater fan motor, does this run OK on all of the different speed settings,,if the carbon brushes are worn then the incoming air may be turning it so that it can start up sometimes

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
yes

the heater when it decides to work it will work on all settings.but heat still comes out just very slowly after a while off driving.it feels like a loose wire or fitting but i have no idea.it worked a few days ago when i bought the car ?.is heater fan very expensive . thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No you just change the brushes,,could there be water in the heater box from all of the rain ?. feel the carpet on the passenger side to see if it is wet / damp

First with the car stationary,just turn on and see if the fan works at all speeds, and not just the slowest, if it works all of the time but only on the slowest the the regulator will have gone

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
no joy

fan not working at any speed but warm air will come out very very slowly after a good run ps keep red light ec on for heat is that correct and off for air con(cold air) thanks

OP
E

elwaynio

Reaction score
ok

i have to go out now can we stay in touch your a very helpful person thankyou

evobaz

Reaction score
Hi,

How did you get on with your heater motor? I had the very same fault. The heater motor had a mind of its own. I would switch in on and it'd do nothing then i'd be driving along and all of a sudden it would spring into life.

Fitted new brushes in the motor and its all good. Nice and toasty. Need a heater at this time of year. (could do with snow chains too)

New brushes are on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190363120216&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom