Here’s some readings , anyone simplify them especially to do with my fault message bas , eps , presa

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
ABS light should come on and go off after a self test often a few seconds on most cars... On a BM bike it comes on and stays on till the vehicle has gone over 5 mph. Not sure how cars do magic and manage to test "everything" with the vehicle static. I guess there's some continuity check on the sensor wiring and if the control unit thinks its happy, then it ignores whether they are actually getting a valid signal on each wheel.

If its all connected, there's something to understand... Might be a quick drive tells the ABS ECU everything is working?

The other fault in your latest picture I would suggest is a module doing what Merc electronics do best (die, make up failures modes, and or generally report rubbish)

Perhaps a drive would help as I have only moved back and forward on driveway

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That error is historic not current so unlikely to be causing an issue. Its also not part of ABS/ESP.

Drive the car and with the help of an assistant look at the live values for each wheel speed sensor. It will be obvious which one is causing the issue.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
That error is historic not current so unlikely to be causing an issue. Its also not part of ABS/ESP.

Drive the car and with the help of an assistant look at the live values for each wheel speed sensor. It will be obvious which one is causing the issue.

Thanks I am just after putting insurance on it from midnight so will get a drive tomorrow , will I be able to see live feed on the icarsoft ,
I am in process of learning how to use it lol.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
You may find the lights go out after you reach 10mph or so.

Let’s hope so , it’s a learning curve , big problem is I have terrible memory am going to start to keep notes.
Will update if it does.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Ok drove car today abs light still on.
And still front and rear right speed sensor faults , going to take the sensors out and try and clean them
to to see if it makes any difference.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Read the live data and see which one is bad

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
i had a number of issues almost exactly like yrs. turned out a mixture of issues created by , low voltages, battery in sealed siren leaking . and a rodent chewing three wires . i had exactly the same drivers side sam, can errors as you and loads of implausible signals , . god i hate that almost useless phrase ... i kept at it. saving fault code lists and clearing at least 4 times last time i checked i had none and no dash messages .but i bet if i connect up again there will be at least 4 or 5 . these cars are,unfortunately an electronic nightmare
make sure yr batteries are good . earths you can find! are good get on yr diagnostics save everything ,clear, test again,watch yr batt voltage during testing if it drops much you will likely have other faults next test ,i found that some faults that appeared the first time had disappeared the second time at times replaced by faults that were not there on the first test ,battery voltage ,someone will correct me , seems critical, and all sorts plays up when they or it are not in first class charge. i feel for you ,been there, will almost certainly be there again , in the end i replaced
siren, alarm
level sensor in heated wash tank
two two pin plugs on rear abc valve block.( currently spliced ,collecting new plugs and tails next week)
spent over a week at it, learned a lot .
no issues on last 5 trips out ,no display faults .
good luck

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Thank you , lucky enough all the faults I cleared stayed away so far ,
except for the esp , front and rear right side wheels sensors , abs light
And my most worrying is the Airmatic with an up arrow ,,, this popped up after jacking and car up and sitting on stands for a few days then when wheels went back on this fault was there. I think the fault read right side front -10 which was different to the other corners.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
despite that height warning is the car sitting right ? think car confused as to where its sitting ride height wise.. i also had this once with my abc after the car spent winter jacked up , i had used the ride height switch to lift the wheels with no weight on them. i learnt not to touch height settings when the car off ground as it seemed to confuse the system for a while afterwards i took off and cleaned the rear left level sensor then i went through the height adjustment an my star and that resolved the issue fr over a yr now. dont know if you can do this on yr car ? if yr heights are looking ok ,maybe run up and down yr drive it may resolve itself.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Yes height seems fine and drives fine / on my dash button I have convenience with no lights on the button lit then push once it’s sport 1 with one red light , push again it’s sport 2 with 2 red lights lit. I am not sure what to stay does convenience mean comfort mode or is it just for changing wheels etc.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes height seems fine and drives fine / on my dash button I have convenience with no lights on the button lit then push once it’s sport 1 with one red light , push again it’s sport 2 with 2 red lights lit. I am not sure what to stay does convenience mean comfort mode or is it just for changing wheels etc.

frankly pal. i am not familiar with yr car/system someone will read this lot and better advise, i dont want to send you down a wrong road i am ok with what i have mentioned to date, thats about it for me ,someone will be along .

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
frankly pal. i am not familiar with yr car/system someone will read this lot and better advise, i dont want to send you down a wrong road i am ok with what i have mentioned to date, thats about it for me ,someone will be along .

Ok took out rear sensor cleaned inner out and done vigorously with air line
Cleaned connector and refitted so now the rear fault seems to be fixed.
As for the front I bought a sensor but think it’s not correct it doesn’t feel snug fit so cleaned it all up and put old one back in but fault still there in front.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i would try cleaning that sensor again ,you wriggled with one . worth trying again and looking for any upstream plugs/connectors chances are its not actually faulty. you seem to have sorted most of yr issues . sometimes this modern shxxe just plays up , on trying to make sure you know where yr asprin bottle is !!! does my head in at times . and next time you get problem ,or similar you will have forgotten how you solved it the 1st time ,even if you actually knew how you solved it....... i 61 ,so i often go down to my workshop to do sommat and when i get there i have completely forgotten what i came for..

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Got all wheel sensor codes cleared and the Airmatic plug cleaned and cleared code so all seems to have stayed away and abs light out but still
No pre safe message / esp message and showing A7 / bas switch release switch also (historic )bas control module faulty right front wheel speed unreasonable.
Just thinking of trying another brake light switch for the sake of £12 then if no joy off to local indie for star.just hate giving up. Lol.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Well have to fit new servo as can’t change bas switch .That should be everything for now anyhow. Now I can get down to a good service and repairing the corner of rear bumper and a good clean up.
Then on a nice dry winters day a run round the Antrim coast for a bite to eat and home again and tuck her up till the next time.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom