hi can someone help

superstorm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter van
hi i have a 53 sprinter , the other day i was driving back from north east all was well ,,, then i hurd wot sounded like a cork poping , then my van had not much power on hills ,it drives ok but at low speeds its as if the turbo is not working proper until it get to 2700 rpm then it go,s like a train ,at 30to40 mph in 4 gear it just wont pull as it did , has anyone had this problem or can someone give any idear wot could be the problem thanks

MB-Car-Tech

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 230K - SOLD now running E320T CDI
It is possible that the vacuum line to the Turbo has popped off ???

If you can locate the Turbo, you will see a metal cell with a very thin rod from it (all part of the Turbo).

At this body of the cell there should be a very thin pipe - approx diameter of your little finger (unless you are chubby) - 10mm, this should be connected to this cell and heads back up to a small electrical valve on the inner wing or below the air filter housing

worth checking first !!

Good luck

OP
S

superstorm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter van
hi mate

hi mate thanks for your reply , iv had a look at the small pipe you said on turbo and it is still in place and cant see any bad pipes any where the van still drives ok no warning lights on or any bad sounds , only thing is the tone of the van has changed slightly and i can hear turbo whistle a tad more than i did before if i get the revs up to 2700 in each gear you would not think there was a problem it just below that where the differance is , dont know what to check next . thanks

Alan Mustard

Reaction score
Website
www.wearsidemercedesbenz.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C Class
Hi, it sounds like one of the turbo intercooler pipes have split. If you look down the front of the engine at either side of the radiator there should be some thick rubber pipes. Inspect these for splits and replace as necessary. Probably the one to the left as you look in the engine bay.

OP
S

superstorm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter van
hi

hi mate thanks again , its a bit of a strange one this , i had a good look at pipes and all look ok ,then when i started it again it would not rev past 3000 ,so i checked the maf sensor and it was cloged up , clean it up and drove it still same then stoped a shop and drove again and revs back up to full, and more power could it be that sensor or some other sensor, thanks

Alan Mustard

Reaction score
Website
www.wearsidemercedesbenz.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C Class
You should just be able to see the top of the turbo linkage. Get someone to start the engine while you are watching the linkage and it should open. There is a vacuum switchover valve down under the air filter housing which could be causing the problem? If you can get it plugged into a star machine it should have logged a fault code. Could also be a faulty vacuum sensor or maf sensor. Star test should verify culprit.

OP
S

superstorm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sprinter van
hi sprinter problem

hi all befor i go thanks for all the replys , anyway iv sorted my lack of power problems , acording to a merc specailest that i found there is no maf sensor on sprinter its a air temp sensor looks the same , and that was not the problem it was the vacuum valve that is under the air box he went strait to it and put new one on and said thats it . took it for a run and it went like a train , job done , thought i let you know so anyone else has this problem thats what needs to be done ....thanks :D

rooferboy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
316 cd1 sprinter
loss of power and sprint shift problems

hi guys, first time owner of MB, its a 316 cdi 02, had it 2 weeks went like a rocket, then had the fuel,air & oil filters changed by a commercial vehicle fitter, when i drove it after had a hi oil level warning light come on so drained it down to the correct level, but its gone from a rocket to very flat and the sprint shift is playing up, when you put it in A, after a short time it puts its self into normal gear mode and when you stop in traffic it changes into 1 and 50% of the time puts its self into N, so you have to put your foot on brake put into R then back to 1st, will not go back into A unless you switch engine off all this since change of filters.

mark

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
You have a engine problem sort that and you sort the gears out too.

In the first instance you will need to retrieve the diagnostic codes from the CDI. This will give some idea of the fault location.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom