E220 CDI Sports Coupe
Hi all,

Just bought my second Merc (E220 CDI Sports Coupe). Previous cars:

Merc SLK 220 Kompressor
BMW 320 Sports Coupe
Audi A4 1.9 TDI (Steptronic)
Audi A3 1.9 TDI (manual)
Mazda 323F

Really enjoying the luxury of the Mercedes brand and all the attention to detail......not forgetting the customer service, which is second to none.

Looking at buying a E320 Estate (Petrol - S210) on a 2000 plate, which a friend of mine has had sat on his drive for over 2 years (SORN), but slightly apprehensive to the impending costs of getting it MOT'd (he only wants £600.00 for it and it starts up after jump start fine and purrs like a kitten). With it not being tax'd I obviously must get this done and want to see what it is like on a decent run (motorway).

Is there anything that I should be wary of? The bodywork is sound and the inside is immaculate.......Any pointers from experts would be much appreciated...........

Regards

Wayne

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You must check on rust from the underside, this car was very rust prone.

OP
W

wayne8056

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Sports Coupe
Thanks Malcolm, will get the guys at the garage to look once up on their ramp. The outer body/shell only has 2 very small rust spots, 1 on the tailgate above the merc badge and the other by the rear window frame. All in all it looks immaculate, but quite daunted by what the garage may find wrong with it........!:-|

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
As Malcom really. I would change the crankshaft harmonic balancer as a matter of course as they break up on these engines, they arent expensive, around £150 inc fitting.

If its been stood for a couple of years its probably going to want a set of pads and discs all round. Apart from that should be solid enough.

Welcome to the forums.....!!!

Last edited:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom