Hi, just joined and hoping for help with Becker Map Pilot

Kontessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 2014
I have been using the Map Pilot in my SLK for some time but I get very frustrated with the type of roads it selects for my route. It will often take me off a major road onto a narrow track and eventually join back up with the major road that I was originally on.

This is not an isolated case. A few days ago I visited a town about 45 miles from my home. I did not use the Map Pilot on my outward journey but just followed my instincts and the journey took about one hour using major roads for the entire journey except for the last couple of miles. I then used the Map Pilot to navigate back home which took me longer than one hour and some of the roads it selected were almost unsuitable for motor vehicles and I was very pleased when eventually it found a major road again but it was desperate to get me on a farm track as soon as it could.

I have tried changing the settings, Economical, Sport and fastest etc and I have ensured the other options are corrected selected but it still wants to take me off major roads onto minor roads and tracks whenever it can.

I successfully updated the software / firmware to the latest version in November 2017.

Please help me resolve this.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, sorry don’t know much about the map pilot settings ( my last 3 have had Comand based APS nav)
Sure someone will be along soon to help

lasa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class estate E212/ 2012/E220
Welcome Kontessa.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Kontessa and welcome to the forum. I don’t know anything about the Becker system, sorry, but my general view of any Sat Nav is that you have to know roughly where you are going and what sort of roads you want to take and then use a mixture of “instinct” and the SatNav to get there by the most sensible route. Knowing when to ignore the instructions is half the battle!

OP
K

Kontessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 2014
Many thanks for the replies so far.
Steve, I fully agree with your reply and a part sat nav / part common sense strategy is what I would normally adopt but I've had suspicions about the Becker not having much artificial common sense for a while, so I've been putting it to the test to validate my point. I also have nav on my phone which uses Google navigation and that has much more common sense than the Becker and it's free! Surely the Becker guy's must be aware of these issues and I would hope they are working to resolve them.
Does anyone else have similar issues with Becker Map Pilot?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
My theory on satnavs is that they are a nuisance , I only use them when I am within a mile or so of where I need to find .

britnordic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2006 SLK 200 & 2013 E Class 220
Hi Kontessa
all I can say is I'm always at odds with my Becker satnav, the arguments between us help the time fly!
Tony

kenny murphy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 COUPE ,MAY 2015
Hi,with mpilot i have 3 routes,i always take second route,never had problem.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom