Hi! New member looking for info on CLK Black Series

Ralph P

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No MB atm
Hi all. I've just signed up and am keen to find out more about the CLK Black Series.

It has been one of my most desired cars since that memorable Top Gear episode back in 2008 and finally I am in the market for one.

I'll cut to some of my questions:
- I've read there are 25 UK cars (info gathered from a few adverts, for cars long sold). Does anyone know this for certain, please? Vehicle numbers per colour?
- Are there any owners on the forum? Very keen to hear ownership experiences. Any difficulties?
- Carbon brakes (which I actually picked up from re-watching the above TG clip!) - any knowledge about replacements please?

Thanks very much.

Ralph.

ps. I did undertake a search but I was surprised how little info came up about the CLK.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Mercedes very, very rarely release precise sales numbers per territory as they actually build to order. So that 25 may have been a publicised allocation, but it could equally have been exceeded 5x over.

A quick look shows this to be a CLK63 with some different styling/ trim features?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
There are several owners on the MB World forum in the States, you might get info on production numbers and pointers in the CLK BS sub forum.

Daimler Chrysler seemed to have been more forthcoming than MB in Europe in giving out production details.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I've worked on a few CLK Black series. One still comes to my place semi-regularly. They are fairly basic pieces of kit really, just a highly tuned version and I believe the engine is what was put into the W204 C63AMG when it was launched. Certainly nothing special there.

That said I do love the fact it has carbon fibre everything for extra weight loss!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I've worked on a few CLK Black series. One still comes to my place semi-regularly. They are fairly basic pieces of kit really, just a highly tuned version and I believe the engine is what was put into the W204 C63AMG when it was launched. Certainly nothing special there.

That said I do love the fact it has carbon fibre everything for extra weight loss!
Just remove the seat motors, iirc the fully adjustable folding front seats in mid-noughties MB coupes are 85-90kg each, of which a big chunk is in copper windings!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom