Hi! new to the forum.

Ian_64

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Sport 2007
Hi. New to the forum so thought I'd say hello. I have had my C220 for two yrs now and lovin it. It has close to 150,000 miles now and although it has a full service history i'm tired of paying garage prices. Thought I'd come on here and pick peoples brains to try and save a few bob.
Its the first time I've used a car forum but the motorbike ones i have used have been very helpful so heres hoping!

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
Hi Ian from an Ian there are quite a few Ian's on here. So welcome to the club, do you mean by saving a few bob own service and so, if so then servicing your car is basically just like doing a bike, the principles are just the same. First off Petrol or Diesel. Petrol change the plugs once a year depending on your milage, Oil filter I changed mine C 180 station wagon every 6 months without fail, thats why befor I scraped her she had done 288000.

With just one AFM changed since her production date 1997. One steering arm linkage one set of boots, One spring, One rear window wiper motor, One front window wiper motor and a water pump. the rest was consumables.

You will need a special oil filter remover, looks like a massive over sized socket get one here ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fa64fa0a

Get good oil and don't be afraid to pay for top quality oil. I used to use an upper engine cleaner starts with a "W" once every 4th tank full. Air filter is about as easy as falling off a log. I drained my anti freeze once in two years again use quality stuff. Do the once a week check the air pressures. And if a single swipe windshield wiper once a year replacement as with two also.

You can find in you users manual how to reset the Assist the bit that indicates that you need a service in 3000 miles or whatever. So enjoy your car and good luck in own servicing, it's fun...Ian

Last edited:

Nutrition121

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/2000/2000KOMPRESSOR
Welcome to the forum Ian,

The guys on here are a wealth of knowledge, and I am sure that you will get a lot from the site.
Information you hadn't even thought about your C class will be on here.

:cool:

OP
I

Ian_64

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Sport 2007
Thanks for the helpful info so far. Much appreciated.
I have posted a thread looking for help changing a front coil spring. Just need to know if there are any special tools required and if there is somewhere i can find the torque loadings for the re build. I have spring compressors.
Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi and welcome, with a lot of Mercedes you need special spring compresses as they're so long. Use the search function a many members have changed springs

Top Bottom