Hi. Some curious questions

hellgrace5

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question here. What are the salary rates for a average mechanic working in the UK ? In week or months.

LSD

Reaction score
From my own friends and acquaintances (in northwest England), there is quite a variation so hard to say an average. Depends on whether independant or dealer, company size, even brand of vehicle. Everyone qualified earns over £20k, some mid-30s k.

A service manager I know that working at a "premium" brand dealership earns nearly £50k. Even many years back he earned over £35k at a Porsche dealership as mechanic/technician, but he was very good.

I have heard but it's unconfirmed, that wages/salaries are actually becoming lower than they were for some mechanics jobs due to the economic position, either through necessity or employers taking advantage of it as a "dividend".

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
From my own friends and acquaintances (in northwest England), there is quite a variation so hard to say an average. Depends on whether independant or dealer, company size, even brand of vehicle. Everyone qualified earns over £20k, some mid-30s k.

A service manager I know that working at a "premium" brand dealership earns nearly £50k. Even many years back he earned over £35k at a Porsche dealership as mechanic/technician, but he was very good.

I have heard but it's unconfirmed, that wages/salaries are actually becoming lower than they were for some mechanics jobs due to the economic position, either through necessity or employers taking advantage of it as a "dividend".

I would have said that your post is about as accurate as you could get

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
hi there.

exceptionally talented and experienced senior mechanic and diagnostic expert working for a small independant garage :D - £12.50 p/h.

said modest and easy going individual is going it alone some time soon, unless LSD feels like enlightening his boss first to help him value the companies only technical guy??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
hi there.

exceptionally talented and experienced senior mechanic and diagnostic expert working for a small independant garage :D - £12.50 p/h.

said modest and easy going individual is going it alone some time soon, unless LSD feels like enlightening his boss first to help him value the companies only technical guy??

I think that this guy you speak of will do well:D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
this is part of why I lost heart with the job. we had 2 be ever quicker and rush jobs for less cash. I was only on £6 per hour, rushing (and messing up at times) jobx so my boss made a mint! ps soz about typing and shorthand but dads web crashed and im logged on via my phone!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
this is part of why I lost heart with the job. we had 2 be ever quicker and rush jobs for less cash. I was only on £6 per hour, rushing (and messing up at times) jobx so my boss made a mint! ps soz about typing and shorthand but dads web crashed and im logged on via my phone!

Good to see you are still putting in effort on the forum even while working on your car.:lol::lol::lol:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
In a downturn where there are going to be people willing to work for less, just to get a job, employers are going to take advantage of that.

My game has seen rates drop by 10-20% and the firm I working for at the moment has just reduced a number of freelancer's rates abritrarily by 10%. I was up against some who were allegedly charging less than 2/3 of my already reduced rate when I went for this role. Fortunately for me, they weren't good enough and I still got it, but it is cut throat out there.

I know of solicitors who are working for less than mechanics now and one who is working for nothing!

OP
H

hellgrace5

Reaction score

Alright. Thank you all for the replies and informations !! I was planning to go further studies in UK ;)

LSD

Reaction score

I'd help if I could, but nobody listens to me anymore...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom