Hi, thanks for the add. Just bought a 2006 e class estate and looking for help

OP
M

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
Sorry for late reply, o/s front spring was rattling so decided to take both front struts off. Found the o/s spring was broke but the n/s was as new so just renewed one which brought the suspension back up. Was later told that one good spring is not enough to keep front up, happy days.
Rear n/s air bag was leaking so it was raising then going straight down so i replaced this now it will not raise at all and couldn't hear the pump so took it off and it tested ok. So unless i've missed something stupid i am now assuming it's the relay if i can find it .

OP
M

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
Thats a earth point near the strut..the brass part
can you see a spring through the wheel?
if the rear goes up and goes straight down on one side I’d say a strut leaking…if the pipe was bad it wouldn’t go up.
these struts have electrical valves in the top to let air out when the system is too high so when its pumped up it should stay there unless the bag is leaking
Hi,
If the electrical valve isn't working on top of the bag would it stop the compressor from working. Thanks

OP
M

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
Hi,
Got a 2006 e class estate where both rear suspension bags will not inflate. Was told it could be sensors, does this sound right.
TIA
Dave
When replacing the air bags you shouldn’t expect the compressor to pick it up from the ground. There is a proceedure to follow to initially inflate them. It’s possible your compressor has overheated.
Hi, thanks for that, where will i find the procedure. I changed the relay today and the pump fired up straight away but only for 10 seconds or so then stopped. I am assuming this is a normal cycle so looks like i'll need to manually inflate it.
Thanks

OP
M

monument7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 2005 3200
You said the front was low, but you haven't said you've fixed anything there?

My front suspension looked like your pic when the coil spring broke.

As it's self levelling, when front was on the deck, back was too.
Replaced front springs which cured that now trying to get rear to inflate after changing air bag and relay

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom