High Beam Flashing in Day time

bsleem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 - C250 2013 CGI
Hello,
I have a Mercedes Benz W204 (C250 2013) equipped with Halogen lights. I purchased original Bi-xenon Dynamic lights and installed them on my car. Everything seems fine they are perfect, the cornering light works perfectly, and all is good. However, in day time only in day-time and not at night if the lights are set to "Auto" I can neither flash the High Beam nor I can turn them on (Just in the daytime), During the night once it is set to "Auto" I can turn them on normally and I can flash normally without any issues. To flash with the high beam during the daytime I shall turn the lights on (move the light control knob to right), and not when in Auto Position.

The dealer said that this is how it's designed by Mercedes Benz. I also checked with Mercedes Benz company in Lebanon and they confirmed that this is normal behavior, the same thing at the user manual, it exactly says: "In the Ãuto position, the high-beam headlamps are only switched on when it is dark and the engine is running.
The Light indicator lamp in the instrument cluster lights up when the high-beam headlamps are switched on."

Hence, please advise if this is how it shall operator and this is how it is created by Mercedes Benz and not a malfunction in my car.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
You can still pull the stick right back (towards you) to flash the headlights (during daytime) .....I don't think they would sell any MB in the middle east if the flashing lights (get out of my way) were unable to be used..... ;) :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You don't believe the manual and MB?

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Regardless of auto or manual light selector position it is always possible to flash the lights at will by pulling on the stalk in the UK, so I cannot understand why this should be any different elsewhere.

OP
B

bsleem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 - C250 2013 CGI
You can still pull the stick right back (towards you) to flash the headlights (during daytime) .....I don't think they would sell any MB in the middle east if the flashing lights (get out of my way) were unable to be used..... ;) :)
indeed I can pull the stick towards me the icon goes on blue, yet there is no high beam. at night it works perfectly.

OP
B

bsleem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 - C250 2013 CGI
You don't believe the manual and MB?
I am not convinced. are you convinced that you cannot flash your lights in day-time? how come i need to shift it from automatic to on and then flash the lights

OP
B

bsleem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 - C250 2013 CGI
Regardless of auto or manual light selector position it is always possible to flash the lights at will by pulling on the stalk in the UK, so I cannot understand why this should be any different elsewhere.
you have the Dynamic Xenon lights or the OEM Lights. Additionally, if the dynamic Xenon light is fake a Chinese or Taiwanese copy it will flash it is plug and play

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
So your car should have halogen but you installed bi-xenon? That is probably what is causing you problems.......

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Hello,
I have a Mercedes Benz W204 (C250 2013) equipped with Halogen lights. I purchased original Bi-xenon Dynamic lights and installed them on my car. Everything seems fine they are perfect, the cornering light works perfectly, and all is good. However, in day time only in day-time and not at night if the lights are set to "Auto" I can neither flash the High Beam nor I can turn them on (Just in the daytime), During the night once it is set to "Auto" I can turn them on normally and I can flash normally without any issues. To flash with the high beam during the daytime I shall turn the lights on (move the light control knob to right), and not when in Auto Position.

The dealer said that this is how it's designed by Mercedes Benz. I also checked with Mercedes Benz company in Lebanon and they confirmed that this is normal behavior, the same thing at the user manual, it exactly says: "In the Ãuto position, the high-beam headlamps are only switched on when it is dark and the engine is running.
The Light indicator lamp in the instrument cluster lights up when the high-beam headlamps are switched on."

Hence, please advise if this is how it shall operator and this is how it is created by Mercedes Benz and not a malfunction in my car.

The question is, is it the first bit in black above correct? Did you fit them (or was it the garage?)
Second, what is the second bit trying to say? When you turn it to "Auto", the lights come on themselves - you do not have to "turn then on"
It does seem like the dealer & MB are correct - I think you have to re-read the manual or try to put the scenario in more specific language.

OP
B

bsleem

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 - C250 2013 CGI
The question is, is it the first bit in black above correct? Did you fit them (or was it the garage?)
Second, what is the second bit trying to say? When you turn it to "Auto", the lights come on themselves - you do not have to "turn then on"
It does seem like the dealer & MB are correct - I think you have to re-read the manual or try to put the scenario in more specific language.
I had installed them at the garage, when I turn it to auto they came on themselves when it is night or dark and not during the day. I just try to flash the high beams in day-time and that doesn't work which does not make sense. so please advise if it is the case with any other car or not.

the manual is right regarding turning the high beam on, yet it did not mention anything regarding flashing the high beams. I dont want to turn them on during the day, i just want to flash the lights

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
In that case, you have a fault. Take it back to the garage & let them sort it. Everything else it appears is correct

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I am not convinced. are you convinced that you cannot flash your lights in day-time? how come i need to shift it from automatic to on and then flash the lights
You're in a different market to us therefore whatever works here (Europe) may not be the same where you are (Middle East).

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom