Hole Blown in Intercooler Pipe Now DPF code and engine Light On

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E220 AMG / 2012 / 2.1
They did mention it as a possibility, but I think it's not related as I'm still having issues with the car going into low boost mode and showing "unknown error" once cleared the car runs fine for a few months or a few days
Possibly another leak

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Any boost leak will increase the soot content of the exhaust hence filling the DPF faster.
The ECU will measure the air into the engine and inject an amount of fuel to suit. If some of the air it measured doesn't reach the combustion chamber due to a leak the fuel amount injected will be too high hence making more soot.
I would pretty much guarantee that was the cause of the original DPF full issue.

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Just bought a pipe will try and have a go at fitting it.

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Worked a treat power restored. Took much longer than 15 mins though... power back now just need to force the regen

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

OP
PaulOD

PaulOD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Sport/2013/2.2 diesel
Good to hear @Wayne Madden, I'm in a perpetual intermittent low boost world since my burst pipe. I'm getting P0102 & P0103 MAF error codes now (Previously it would be error code unknown).
I can clear the codes and it will drive perfect for a period of time but then it will splutter (as if running out of fuel) when I turn off and restart the engine the Mgmt light will come on and your in low boost mode. And the car will drive fine but with low power, no spluttering.
She has been back at Merc for a service and they seen nothing.
Might as well change the MAS sensor now... its the only one I haven't changed so far.
One thing I have noticed is that when you turn on the ignition the fuel pump startup sequence has gotten very loud and sounds like my mums 1970s twin tub washing machine filling with water, not sure if its related.
Any tips on buying a MAS sensor, stay with Genuine Merc only, OEM or non-genuine? and who is a good supplier?

Wayne Madden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good to hear @Wayne Madden, I'm in a perpetual intermittent low boost world since my burst pipe. I'm getting P0102 & P0103 MAF error codes now (Previously it would be error code unknown).
I can clear the codes and it will drive perfect for a period of time but then it will splutter (as if running out of fuel) when I turn off and restart the engine the Mgmt light will come on and your in low boost mode. And the car will drive fine but with low power, no spluttering.
She has been back at Merc for a service and they seen nothing.
Might as well change the MAS sensor now... its the only one I haven't changed so far.
One thing I have noticed is that when you turn on the ignition the fuel pump startup sequence has gotten very loud and sounds like my mums 1970s twin tub washing machine filling with water, not sure if its related.
Any tips on buying a MAS sensor, stay with Genuine Merc only, OEM or non-genuine? and who is a good supplier?
Hey Paul, im wondering if you have a leak on the MAF, check your plumbing from the turbo inlet to the MAF remove the curved pipe and inspect it, other than that maybe try and get a replacement sensor. look at this site for some ideas https://www.obd-codes.com/p0103. with something like a MAF i would go on ebay or something like that.

OP
PaulOD

PaulOD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Sport/2013/2.2 diesel
Hey Paul, im wondering if you have a leak on the MAF, check your plumbing from the turbo inlet to the MAF remove the curved pipe and inspect it, other than that maybe try and get a replacement sensor. look at this site for some ideas https://www.obd-codes.com/p0103. with something like a MAF i would go on ebay or something like that.

Sorry for not following up on my tales of woe, I was lucky to buy a new genuine Mercedes Air Flow meter on ebay very cheap from a guy that bought it and didn't need it, and since fitting it and getting the Regen working again she has had no issues at all, running like a dream... One thing though I had to get a forced Regen done again as it seems Everytime the car fails to Regen on her own the brain stores the failure and adds a carbon percentage to the DPF carbon content readout until she gets to a ridiculous % reading and stops trying to Regen at all and remains in low boost mode... Hope all this helps someone else

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Sorry for not following up on my tales of woe, I was lucky to buy a new genuine Mercedes Air Flow meter on ebay very cheap from a guy that bought it and didn't need it, and since fitting it and getting the Regen working again she has had no issues at all, running like a dream... One thing though I had to get a forced Regen done again as it seems Everytime the car fails to Regen on her own the brain stores the failure and adds a carbon percentage to the DPF carbon content readout until she gets to a ridiculous % reading and stops trying to Regen at all and remains in low boost mode... Hope all this helps someone else
Buy an icarsoft i980 Paul. I have one and I can keep an eye on the fill level of the DPF through live data and see that vehicle is doing the regens on time. They retail around the £100 mark if you dont have any code readers that can watch for this.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom