Homework!

Billloudon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Eclass 280cdi Avantgarde 2005 with 3.00Litre engine
First a confession. I fancy an Alfa Spider. I was still keeping the E class of course, Just a summer run a round.
Then I thought what about an older SLK? Much more practical and a bit of class. But what year? When were the big upgrades? What model?
That's where the homework comes in. Anone know a wee bit about the SLK and could point me in the right direction?
Your help would be appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think its better to find a clean one inside and out.

The door panels and center console can show wear marks, but they are easy to re do and I have sent out lots of info on doing this.

They can rust in rear wings and boot lid around the number plate, so look for signs of any work done and how well.

The PSE pump is better once its been modified and turned over, water can get in and they are a cool £625.

You need to be sure that the following work correctly.

Roof goes up and down
Central locking working
Inside lamp and boot lamp
Rear heated screen
Indicators and wipers

Richard Hinds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350, 2007
I don't know what year you're thinking about, but I believe there was a "facelift" in 2000. The next big decision-what size engine? I don't think there was too much difference in performance between the 2 litre, 4 cylinder compressor and the 3.2 litre V6, but I think the V6 was much nicer to drive.
For a luxury car in 2000 the standard equipment was a bit lacking-heated seats were a desirable extra.
I had a 320 for several years, and loved it! Good luck in your search.

OP
B

Billloudon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many thanks for your posts, guys. I look forward to continuing with my "homework" early next year and will put your advice into practice.

OP
B

Billloudon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many thanks for your posts, guys. I look forward to continuing with my "homework" early next year and will put your advice into practice. I am looking to an earlyish R171 at the moment.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Many thanks for your posts, guys. I look forward to continuing with my "homework" early next year and will put your advice into practice. I am looking to an earlyish R171 at the moment.

This will be a better choice as all problems ironed out and they are a very good car :D:D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom