Hose in footwell

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
Bear with me on this, it could get long winded! :lol:

When I fitted the amp to my stereo on the weekend the best place to fit it was on the back of the steel plate at the front of the passenger footwell, next to the transmission control unit.

However, with the plate removed there was a corrugated pipe hanging down behind it that didn't go anywhere. It couldn't be a drain as the footwell would flood!

Anyway I've managed to track it down and it looks to be item 80 here: http://www.partscatalog.ru/mercedes/1/car/170/449/66E/170.449/66E/54/080

The description says its a hose from equipment box to interior blower which I assume is item 40. I didn't bother to look at where it should be connected at the time but maybe I should go back in there and have a better look.

What I can't understand though is why the equipment box is connected to a blower. To keep it warm? Dry? What controls the blower or is it the heater blower?

Can anyone with an intimate knowledge of SLK electrics enlighten me?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom