How can it remember the password?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I use Google Chrome & it asks if I want my passwords kept, it is faster than IE too.

Russ

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
there is no box to uncheck there is only a bit in browser history to say how many days i want to save pages i have visited.

if it were these problems why does my ebay, t-moblie, talktalk, and scottish power accounts remember my details. when first logging onto them internet explorer asked if i wanted the password remembered and i clicked yes but this has never happened with this forum.

I will PM you - along with a screenshot.

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi I never log out so I never need to log back in, home our work just click on my favorites & go strainght in and away you go.

Kevin

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Hi I never log out so I never need to log back in, home our work just click on my favorites & go strainght in and away you go.

Kevin

if i dont do anything on the forum for a few minutes i get timed out.

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
if i dont do anything on the forum for a few minutes i get timed out.
Hi I dont now what your problem is but been advised it could be your settings but what I dont no, Iv'e had a look in mine and you could check in your
Tools
Internet options - general
tempary internet files- middle catagory of three
settings
I have automatic set in (check for newer versions of stored pages)

kevin

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Hi I dont now what your problem is but been advised it could be your settings but what I dont no, Iv'e had a look in mine and you could check in your
Tools
Internet options - general
tempary internet files- middle catagory of three
settings
I have automatic set in (check for newer versions of stored pages)

kevin

mines is on this already.

Problem is its only happening with this forum as i have said before internet explorer asks if i want it to remember passwords for any other sites.

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
mines is on this already.

Problem is its only happening with this forum as i have said before internet explorer asks if i want it to remember passwords for any other sites.

grab a small child of the street they know about this stuff ;) never fails

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Once u get onto the forum right click on any page and click on 'create shortcut' and it will put an icon on your desktop which you just have to click on to get to the site, then all you have to do is click on the MBforums at the top of the page to bring you up to todays pages.. I tried firefox, liked it, but... it would sometimes refuse to open the pages and time out..

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Once u get onto the forum right click on any page and click on 'create shortcut' and it will put an icon on your desktop which you just have to click on to get to the site, then all you have to do is click on the MBforums at the top of the page to bring you up to todays pages.. I tried firefox, liked it, but... it would sometimes refuse to open the pages and time out..

Dont know how this is meant to help?
I still have to log on.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Well it worked for me when I was having problems.. But try this Click on TOOLS then Internet Options then Content then go to Autocomplete settings and click on Settings, then tick the boxes Usernames and passwords and Prompt me to save passwords

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Well it worked for me when I was having problems.. But try this Click on TOOLS then Internet Options then Content then go to Autocomplete settings and click on Settings, then tick the boxes Usernames and passwords and Prompt me to save passwords

I have all boxes ticked here apart from "forms"

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Ahh this has half helped as now it remembers my username :) but i still have to type in my password :( even though i have ticked all the boxes.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Ahh this has half helped as now it remembers my username :) but i still have to type in my password :( even though i have ticked all the boxes.

Rehabilitation can be a slow process Don, but it is good for the soul.

Good luck with the last chapter.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Panzer you could try signing up again as a new member just to see if it remembers the password

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Panzer you could try signing up again as a new member just to see if it remembers the password

One crackpot with my username is more than enough, looks like i will have to lump it and at least its only the password i have to type in now.

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
Hi what about the box "delete browsing history on exit"

Kevin

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Hi what about the box "delete browsing history on exit"

Kevin

I said earlier that i dont have a box regarding deleting browsing history and i can only specify how many days i want to save page history.

Thanks anyway looks like i will just have to type in my password which is a 50% improvement.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom