How Daft Is This ?

Splatt

Reaction score
Mercedes Benz have solved the current dilemma on manufacturing cars at a loss by not manufacturing any at all, or at least of the CLC that is. Thought I might order one to my specification so bowl into the main dealer expecting to be welcomed, right. Wrong, because they are currently taking 7 months to obtain from Brazil the dealer was not willing to take an order. He was only interested in trying to get me to accept one of the stock models so you do not get the colour you want you do not get the specification you want but you do get a load of optional extras you dont want but have to pay for. They should be so lucky !!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That all sounds good for business :D:D

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
Mmmmmmrm a German car...........made in Brazil, by the boys I expect too! sharn't bother with one o them then!:)

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
my thoughts entirely - remember South Africa - I certainly will never forget their contribution to automotive excellence

OP
Splatt

Splatt

Reaction score
Can anyone explain this to me ?. The Brazil Factory has been shut down for two closures for want of orders.
Mercedes will reduce CLC output at its Juiz de Fora plant in Brazil, due to falling global demand. About 1,700 employees will be placed on paid leave for 31 days.
Production will halt between 8 and 14 June and between 20 July and 12 August. The downtime will cut about 2,200 cars.
The Brazilian plant is the only one in the world to produce the CLC model. Production began in Brazil last year.

So how the blazes when I want to put an order for a new car with them are they quoting me 7 months. I get the sneaky feeling they are not taking orders for the CLC because the model (and perhaps the Brazil Factory) are up for the chop!

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
You could be right, have you tried another Stealership?

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
May be they didnt sell as many of them as they anticipated so now selling the preconfigured ones forcefully from the dealships and making excuses for long time on new orders

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
CLC lead times

My partner has a CLC180K (and very nice it is too, even though it was built in Brazil...). She's had it about 4 months now and even 'back then' they were quoting long lead times of 3-4 months "but how about this one in stock madam....?".

Fortunately she knew exactly what model, colour and options she wanted and wouldn't budge on that. After a few dealers and much "no can do madam" answers she just sat down with the 'best one' and said find me one at this price with my options (or more, but I'm not paying for them) or I go and buy another Audi. They found her one in about another 10 minutes in the network.....

I am sure that tactic will no longer work as the 'right spec' ones have all gone to be left with the 'loaded' ones only.

I'd say go for it if you want one as it's a great car, only don't have Artico synthetic leather as it sweats your *rse something terrible :lol:

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom