How do i change my bootlid??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 W210 Avant Garde Sedan 2.4 v6
Hi all, I am a newbie here, and I have a problem. Can somebody tell me how to change my bootlid, e240 w210 sedan 1998. prefreably an answer that contains more THAN " A PIECE OF **** MATE" I WOULD LOVE A STEP BY STEP ACCOUNT IF POSSIBLE. i AM VISUALLY IMPAIRED, BUT DETERMINED TO DO IT MYSELF. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Piece of cake....
Open boot.
Remove the boot lid lining (mainly clipped in and obvious).
Undo wiring from boot lid.
There are (from memory) 4 bolts holding boot lid to the hinges. Undo all 4 bolts and the boot lid will be detached.
You'll almost certainly need a assistant to do this with you.

Then as they say refitting is the reverse of removal...

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Hi all, I am a newbie here, and I have a problem. Can somebody tell me how to change my bootlid, e240 w210 sedan 1998. prefreably an answer that contains more THAN " A PIECE OF **** MATE" I WOULD LOVE A STEP BY STEP ACCOUNT IF POSSIBLE. i AM VISUALLY IMPAIRED, BUT DETERMINED TO DO IT MYSELF. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Where are you? If I’m close enough I dont mind coming over and give you a hand as previously mentioned by (LK) Alistair, you will need another person to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Where are you? If I’m close enough I dont mind coming over and give you a hand as previously mentioned by (LK) Alistair, you will need another person to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the offer but it may not get done yet. i am in bad health, i live in erith/

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
thanks for the offer but it may not get done yet. i am in bad health, i live in erith/

Sorry to hear about the health issues hope you get better soon, sadly you're a tad further away than I had hoped at 438 miles or, according to google maps a seven and a half hour drive. :shock::shock:

'er indoors might get a little irritated if I disappeared for a day or two, lol.

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Maybe consider a little trip down to Alex at AMF - indy and member on here with a great reputation and lots of experience.

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe consider a little trip down to Alex at AMF - indy and member on here with a great reputation and lots of experience.
On investigating the bootlid, I discovered that the lid in bootlid is attached to the hinge arms by 2 quite small, albeit robust bolts. once removed it comes apart quite easily. but I am having a small problem removing the liner. so I have to take it easy today. hopefully I can recover efforts this evening when the weather cools off a little.

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Piece of cake....
Open boot.
Remove the boot lid lining (mainly clipped in and obvious).
Undo wiring from boot lid.
There are (from memory) 4 bolts holding boot lid to the hinges. Undo all 4 bolts and the boot lid will be detached.
You'll almost certainly need a assistant to do this with you.

Then as they say refitting is the reverse of removal...
thanks very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom