How do we clean steering wheels, gear knobs etc ?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Prevention is better than cure. If you pick your nose don't wipe your fingers on the wheel, swallow the bogey ;):D:D
I saw a lady do just that, in my rear view mirror, six years ago in Cambridge.

Have you been preaching there? o_O My nightmares almost gone now :confused:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
The 'soft feel' rubber coating on the steering wheel on my car is starting to come away where my hand always touches it .... but that's not just a Merc thing

quinnj3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport Coupe Auto 227bhp
I use a mild dilution of Autosmart G101 and a microfibre cloth. It’s a very good cleaner and degreaser. If you moisturise your hands regularly this will build up on the steering wheel and needs regular removal. This may even lead to premature wear and damage to the leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mimile

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 129 320 SL 1998 and w123 200D 1977
I don't clean them... I use to drive with a pair of rubber gloves on... :)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
One thing I got for cleaning out nooks and crannies - for the princely price of £1.36 (delivered via the Bay from China) is a lump of stretchy silica "goo" that you push into places like the air-con vents and it can be used for any place where muck can gather such as computer keyboards... It's useful for the steering wheel stitching as well - it's truly remarkable and gives the impression you've cleaned everything for hours with a toothbrush! Once I'd tried it, I bought one for each of my kids (just a big spender!)

- This looks the same as the item I bought - but at twice the price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magic-St...leaner-Tool-/202506437235?hash=item2f26530273

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom