How does the MB assistance work when a flat tyre occurs?

cot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
250 GLC 2018
My GLC 250 doesn't have a spare tyre. The dealer says, don't worry you have MB assistance. Press the call button in the car and you'll be rescued. Has anyone done this? Does it work?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
RAC will turn up I expect as part of the Mobilo breakdown coverage

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
I’ve got a feeling that they “lend” you a spacesaver until you have repaired/replaced the tyre and then they collect the spacesaver later. I can’t find any evidence to that effect but I must have read it somewhere.

edit... just found this in the other side
https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/mobilo-and-punctures.250509/

I think that's the theory. When I had a blowout on the M6, it was a 'regular' RAC Patrol that was nearest to me and he didn't carry any specific MB spares and I had to wait at the side of the M6 for two hours in the rain while he sourced a new tyre for me. That was not a great experience and I now carry a space saver for emergencies.

On previous occasions, an MB liveried RAC patrol was able to do a STAR test and clearly was trained in MB matters. He said that he carried a space-saver as mentioned above....so it depends on who arrives what service you get!

Ernie

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
My GLC 250 doesn't have a spare tyre. The dealer says, don't worry you have MB assistance. Press the call button in the car and you'll be rescued. Has anyone done this? Does it work?
I would imagine it would relieve your wallet of a few hundred quid.:mad:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I always either carry a spare (my 212 pre-facelift was the last E to thus equipped) or as in the case of BMW I’ve purchased an alloy spacesaver. If you trust the recovery people it will probably end up costing you £££s

Incidentally a friend I haven’t seen for a while thanked me for sourcing him a spare when he bought a new Audi in the 5 years he’s owned the car he’s used the spare twice

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom