1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does the MB assistance work when a flat tyre occurs?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by cot, Nov 11, 2020.

1. cot

cot New Member

Your Mercedes:
    250 GLC 2018
    My GLC 250 doesn't have a spare tyre. The dealer says, don't worry you have MB assistance. Press the call button in the car and you'll be rescued. Has anyone done this? Does it work?

2. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    R171 SLK280 3.0, Land Rover 110 County SW
    RAC will turn up I expect as part of the Mobilo breakdown coverage

3. Srdl

Srdl Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253) Premium Plus
    I’ve got a feeling that they “lend” you a spacesaver until you have repaired/replaced the tyre and then they collect the spacesaver later. I can’t find any evidence to that effect but I must have read it somewhere.

edit... just found this in the other side
    https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/mobilo-and-punctures.250509/

4. ernieh

ernieh Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    205 / 67 / C220 d
    I think that's the theory. When I had a blowout on the M6, it was a 'regular' RAC Patrol that was nearest to me and he didn't carry any specific MB spares and I had to wait at the side of the M6 for two hours in the rain while he sourced a new tyre for me. That was not a great experience and I now carry a space saver for emergencies.

On previous occasions, an MB liveried RAC patrol was able to do a STAR test and clearly was trained in MB matters. He said that he carried a space-saver as mentioned above....so it depends on who arrives what service you get!

Ernie

5. Bay Leaf

Bay Leaf Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL 350 2013
    I would imagine it would relieve your wallet of a few hundred quid.:mad:

6. malcolm210

malcolm210 Senior Member

I always either carry a spare (my 212 pre-facelift was the last E to thus equipped) or as in the case of BMW I’ve purchased an alloy spacesaver. If you trust the recovery people it will probably end up costing you £££s

Incidentally a friend I haven’t seen for a while thanked me for sourcing him a spare when he bought a new Audi in the 5 years he’s owned the car he’s used the spare twice

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:48 PM