How is the rear screen made ref Heated Tracks and Antenna?

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Thinking of attaching a rear Dash camera to the CL500 C216..

My rear screen has 2 distinc types of electronic tracks on it.
6809103E-40A1-4C7E-93D8-305C56DC55CC.jpeg

At the top is a heavy set of tracks gold/brown, and you can definitely feel it on the inside. It feels like it is stuck on from the inside.
So I would definitely avoid that area re adhesive pad or even suction mounting.
I think someone said that was a comi antenna for fm and heater?

Below that are hundreds of very fine heater tracks, [you can see them clearer in the shadow of the iPad Air].

I can’t really feel those inside. So dont think they are glued on inside.
But having bad RSI my finger tips aint that sensitive any more, so I could be wrong.

Q. Are these fine tracks really sandwiched in the laminate or are they too glued on the inside, but just so fine I cant feel them?
Does anyone know are they definitely inside the glass?

Ideally I would like to use an adhesive pad on the lower section.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
The glass is single thickness not laminated...

Heater wires are pressed into the surface. The gold/ brown tracks are screen printed on (think like a Tshirt).

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
The glass is single thickness not laminated...

Heater wires are pressed into the surface. The gold/ brown tracks are screen printed on (think like a Tshirt).

Thanks Craig.
When you say the fine heater ones are pressed into the glass.

Are they pressed in sufficiently to say, it Is definitely safe to use an adhesive pad, or would it be better to use the suction cup attachment?

Or sensible to avoid attaching anything on it?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Thanks Craig.
When you say the fine heater ones are pressed into the glass.

Are they pressed in sufficiently to say, it Is definitely safe to use an adhesive pad, or would it be better to use the suction cup attachment?

Or sensible to avoid attaching anything on it?

Safe to use the 3M style adhesive.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom