How long to wait?

Zabarka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2012
On the 10/12/2021 I ordered parts for my Mercedes A class 2012.
I paid up front £360.
I still have not heard from Mercedes.
Is this a normal tome to wait?

gus

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Gus, no that is not normal. However we do live in extraordinary times at the moment. I would contact the supplier, there must be a explanation for the delay

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
All depends on what country you are in and whether this is a Germany source part only. I have waited just over 3 weeks for parts to arrive because it had to be ordered from overseas. Parts out of stock or not carried at the Main dealer are a bit of a pain as some wait till the order is full before sending from the Manufacture which can be down to shipping costs. Also the part maybe being made.
Though your wait is a bit over the top, as Blobcat said, contact the people you ordered the parts off for an up date. If they can't shed any light say you will cancel the order, sometimes this has a good effect for parts to turn up out of the blue ;)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I have a part on VOR from June last year, expected release date March this year. It’s an abr unit for an 2007 s class. Some nox sensors take months to arrive. :(

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Anything with a microchip, semi conductor or PCB inside the unit and youll be waiting months for if its not already on the shelf in the UK or Germany.

Not the fault of anyone unless you can find the source of or the person to blame for Covid.

OP
Z

Zabarka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2012
Sorry guys I never mentioned that It is shock absorber parts, and they are coming from Germany.
Now guess what, I telephoned Mercedes to cancel the order, and lo and behold, the parts have arrived, and they ask me to make a booking for fitting.
You were right, Mercedes should get their act together,
Again many thanks.

Gus

Peterbrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 CDI AMG Sport Shooting Brake 20136
EmilysDad I think they were shock absorbers not the springs

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Sorry guys I never mentioned that It is shock absorber parts, and they are coming from Germany.
Now guess what, I telephoned Mercedes to cancel the order, and lo and behold, the parts have arrived, and they ask me to make a booking for fitting.
You were right, Mercedes should get their act together,
Again many thanks.

Gus

Lol, that usually works!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If a special order item, you cant cancel and normally must pay upfront.... or did something change.

OP
Z

Zabarka

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2012
Mioba, I did pay upfront, so my £350 has been in Mercedes bank since last December.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom