How many?

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
Morning all,

Just a quick question, is there a website or search engine somewhere which I can put the details of a car in and it iwll tel me how many were purchased or imported during its life time?

I'm interested to see how many of the model I have were produced and how many made it here, even better if I can see ho many are still on the go (all I should hope!). Its just that I have only seen one other on the road but literally hundreds of the other engine variants.

Just wondering.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
That sort of information is usual collated by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders and is available from them for a fee. You have to be in the trade and be a member of the SMMT to get the information - its not cheap - the last time I bought the complete data set back in the mid 90's it was around £2,000 ! It does give you a breakdown of the number of vehicles on the road - taxed and also those not taxed but not scrapped - broken down by year and variant. You could always ask nicely and see what they say !

http://www.smmt.co.uk/memberservices/index.cfm?selcatid=4006

OP
G

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
Thank you for that. It sounds a lot of money for pure curiosity.

I did ask the question of google and I found some other MB forum and a member was asking about supercharging my car and as forums do the focus changed to production numbers and one member posted the below. I dont know however which country this relates to! Could be anywhere or worldwide. Not a clue!

http://www.topgearage.com/?p=260

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Its says right at the top of the article - Production numbers for Mercedes AMG models made in the US market- I think that might be a clue ! ;)

OP
G

GseRacing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172/2012/250
D'oh! I skipped that bit as it looked like a load of google adverts.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom