How much???

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC
Hello everyone.
My CLC 12 month service is due and has done just under 10,000 miles during the year. It had a service A last Feb and is showing service A again.
MB are saying that the service will cost £385, surely that's a service B?
Being a new MB driver i don't have much of a clue who's right, them or my car? Obviously don't want to pay for a major service if it doesn't need it!
By the way it is just 3 years old with 38,000 miles.

All comments are greatly appreciated.
:D Thanks for your time boys and girls.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The B normally follows the A but then I only pay £235 with an indie

OP
C

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC
Man, television your quick!! :eek::eek: Thanks.
Question 1 - Is it worth giving them a call and asking why does it say Service A or is that just a complete waste of time?
Question 2 - Does anybody know a good indie in the North West?
Question 3 - Does servicing it yourself using MB parts invalidate a MB used car warranty?

Thanks again :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Man, television your quick!! :eek::eek: Thanks.
Question 1 - Is it worth giving them a call and asking why does it say Service A or is that just a complete waste of time?
Question 2 - Does anybody know a good indie in the North West?
Question 3 - Does servicing it yourself using MB parts invalidate a MB used car warranty?

Thanks again :D

To avoid any trouble I would stick with MB while under warranty, there are some very good ones in the north West.

See if you can knock them down on the price,,it works sometimes, I wonder if they set it wrong the last time,

OP
C

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC
To avoid any trouble I would stick with MB while under warranty, there are some very good ones in the north West.

See if you can knock them down on the price,,it works sometimes, I wonder if they set it wrong the last time,

Do you mean avoid the indie and take it back to the main dealer?

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
At the mileage recorded, 38,000 they might be including a change of automatic transmission fluid (ATF) with the service. If not, then they should be.

We really need to know what they intend to do in this case, in order to comment on whether or not it is value for money.

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
If the car is 3 years old warranty has run-out so you can take it to an indie!:)

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
If the car is 3 years old warranty has run-out so you can take it to an indie!:)

Mercedes have stipulated in their used car warranty small print that it has to be serviced by them? And as you agreed to it by signing proposal it counts. I Checked all this with the RMI. Other warranties aren't affected.

OP
C

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC

The car has 6 months remaining used car warranty (bought it 6 months ago from main dealer). I'll try to ring tomorrow and get a breakdown. Thanks a million everybody.

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
Yes, but doing that would invalidate the excellent 30 yr rust warranty for which MB need to inspect the coach work each year at service time with a fine tooth comb. :rolleyes:

Which only good for 8 years rustwise as we know!!

OP
C

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC
At the mileage recorded, 38,000 they might be including a change of automatic transmission fluid (ATF) with the service. If not, then they should be.

We really need to know what they intend to do in this case, in order to comment on whether or not it is value for money.

Sorry, it's a manual! P.s. new discs and pads fitted in July/August so they should be excluded.

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
The car has 6 months remaining used car warranty (bought it 6 months ago from main dealer). I'll try to ring tomorrow and get a breakdown. Thanks a million everybody.

usually mercedes dealers re service the car if it has less than 9 months as far as i know???on abused used cars normally!!:rolleyes:

OP
C

CPT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC
usually mercedes dealers re service the car if it has less than 9 months as far as i know???on abused used cars normally!!:rolleyes:

Now, now don't be calling my lover abused :):). It had only done 2,000 miles in between Feb - July, therefore that is classed as just serviced according to MB! :confused:

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
Did you purchase the car under agility?

wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c
If the car was purchased on the agility scheme you must service it with a main dealer no get out clause,however under hire purchase it is your call to service it,but i believe under the EU LAW as far as you buy genuine mb parts ie oil filters etc you can service it with any garage vat registered(not sure about this bit)and your normal 3 years warranty still stands!!

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
The 3rd service of the car should be an A service, when I bought my 2007 C180 from Mercedes-Benz Of Gatwick, they did a fresh service for me (car had done less than 36500 miles), this was put down as a Service A (the vehicle was 3 years old).

In December 2011 (last year), I had the car serviced by Mercedes-Benz Of Northampton for a B service then, the car was 4 years old (registered December 2007).

Your car should be on its A service, especially with only 38000 miles. For what needs replacing, its hardly anything, I dont have my service book with me right now, but as far as I can remember it was Automatic Transmission Fluid (car is an auto), Oil and something else.

Find out what additional items your service will include. I had to email and ring around for the best quotes from MB main dealers (the quote I had got from MB Northampton, had beaten my local indie!).

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yes, but doing that would invalidate the excellent 30 yr rust warranty for which MB need to inspect the coach work each year at service time with a fine tooth comb. :rolleyes:

Yes David Blunkett did mine Stevie, who usually does it, was off making a single.

Back to the bones you need to know what they are doing "service" is a rather loose term.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
A little tip.
When calling a dealer for a service quote, when they give you the price, reply with "and what discount can you do me on that?".
IME that one question is good for 10-15%.
If not, call round the dealers and tell you're comparing prices.
They may sit behind glass and chrome and wear smart suits, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that MB dealers are above simple competitive practices. They need the work and will fight it out if you nudge them! Most people don't. More fool them. I've always been totally straight and even quoted back to them what the indie quoted me. You'd be amazed how much lattitude they have if they think you'll go elsewhere. I've even had a parts department compete with after market guys on suppying brake parts (got over 40% off there!).
My Dad has an automatic 50% labour discount at his local dealer.
You don't ask, you don't get.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom