How to check service history

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I posted a little while ago that I was helping my son get hold of a newer car. Just over 3wks ago they bought an A Class on a 63 plate. Car seemed fine, however a few bits were missing. There was no manual, no parcel shelf, the trim on the back of the passenger seat was missing and when we looked in the boot that box that has the stuff for if you get a puncture, can't remember the name of it, was missing.

The salesman said he would order up all the missing parts but we are no further forward in getting them. They bought the car from Evans Halshaw, who when I look online seem to get quite a lot of scathing reviews, so it's kind of made me a bit anxious about the history of the car. I've looked up it's MOT history and I think that is okay but I have no way of looking up it's Service History. It was sold with a FSH all allegedly done by MB but as it's all online how on earth is someone supposed to know if that is true or not?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
If the service history is indeed MB or even reputable Indy then possibly if you contact your local friendly Indy or one of the guys on here they may be kind enough to look up and print off the record for you Lynn?

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The registered owner needs to email cs.uk@cac.mercedes-benz.com with two proofs of ID (passport and DL), and a copy of V5C, and Mercedes will send them all the info they have on the car, including full service history. It is also a good idea to request a full build spec at this time.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yup, I still ask them to stamp the service booklet, and they do ...

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
We have bought 3 cars from Evans Halshaw over the last few years and 2 of them had no owners manual or service book.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Though a services history can often be meaningless anyway, whether it's a dealer or other. EmilysMum's car was an ex motorbility car so serviced by motorbility through the dealer, it was 3 years old with 20 000 miles on the clock. I've since spent money on fixing stuff that Citroen knew they had problems with & had modified replacement parts to fit plus servicing or the 12 000 miles she's done in the past 4 years

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
We have bought 3 cars from Evans Halshaw over the last few years and 2 of them had no owners manual or service book.
Yet I sold a car to them last year, and they went over it with a fine tooth comb, checking items were there, tyres service history etc...

Top Bottom