How to clean your MAF

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
If you can get any, try using methanol. Quite safe and very similar to ipa but has just that everso slightly bit extra aggressiveness which makes it ideal for cleaning precious metals.
It is used extensively to clean semi-conductors and thin film metal coatings and ic's among many other uses :rolleyes:
Unfortunately acetone would be even better for its aggressiveness, but it dissolves plastics so I wouldnt recommend it.
however once 'cleaned', I would suggest a good rinse in distilled water.

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
If you can get any, try using methanol. Quite safe and very similar to ipa but has just that everso slightly bit extra aggressiveness which makes it ideal for cleaning precious metals.
It is used extensively to clean semi-conductors and thin film metal coatings and ic's among many other uses :rolleyes:
Unfortunately acetone would be even better for its aggressiveness, but it dissolves plastics so I wouldnt recommend it.

However once 'cleaned', I would suggest a good rinse in distilled water. And drying with a warm air dryer before refitting.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Electrical contact cleaner spray works fine for me as it leaves no residue.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom