How to Reset 2009 SL350 (R230) Tyre Pressure Warning?

Nile Griffith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 Sl350 R230
Hi Kids.

OK quite possibly having a very senior moment with this one, but just had the rear off side tyre replaced after the sidewall was punctured. Now all four boots are at their correct pressures but quite obviously the dash is asking me to reset the the tyre pressure set up after the tyre change.

I've followed the instructions in the manual. Start from the standard display and arrow down to the the tyre pressure warning/reset. However on selecting to reset the pressures the screen prompts to press the "Menu R" button. However pressing the right menu button just takes me into the "Media" menu.

So go on! Do an old duffer a favour and give me a clue where I'm going wrong someone..... Ha Ha!

Many thanks in advance.

Nile

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Is the 'Menu R' button the reset for the trip (in the instrument binnacle)? Sorry not familiar with the 2009 version of the SL but thats where the early reset is?

OP
N

Nile Griffith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 Sl350 R230
Is the 'Menu R' button the reset for the trip (in the instrument binnacle)? Sorry not familiar with the 2009 version of the SL but thats where the early reset is?

Hi Lost Kiwi!

Thanks for that. I have a hunch you are right as the button in the middle of the binnacle is the one that gets used to reset the trip computer(s) it stands a good chance that it's also the one for resetting the tyre pressure. I kind of got hung up about the Menu buttons on the steering wheel, one on the left and one on the right. What the manual text may well be saying is that "Menu R" means Menu Reset which is that button in the binnacle.

Big thanks

SRE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2005
Damn... beat me to it. Just checked the manual for a 2009 and you have to press the reset button as in the earlier models. Must learn to type faster :)

OP
N

Nile Griffith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 Sl350 R230
Damn... beat me to it. Just checked the manual for a 2009 and you have to press the reset button as in the earlier models. Must learn to type faster :)

Cheers Steve!

Kiwi might have beat you to the punch but you still get a big thank you from me for taking the time to reply.

Top Bottom