How would I disable the GPS tracking on a 2007 E350 6 cylinder?

Judge Judy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 6 cyclinder
My car has very low miles and has been paid off for a long time. I am growing very concerned about upcoming civil unrest events. Would anyone know how to disable the GPS tracking? Is it something a woman could do easily? What other ramifications could occur if I disable the GPS other than the nav system wont work?

Thanks so much for your help,
Judge Judy

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

Where are you based to be worried about civil unrest? Also what is the link between civil unrest and your car?

The GPS system doesn’t track you, your car decides the signals received from the satellites and from that works out where you are in the planet.

Modern Mercedes have “Mercedes Me” which has a SIM card which does report on your location. Your 211 doesn’t have Mercedes Me and weren’t as standard built with SIM cards installed (in car wifi was an option)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
In the US based on the description of her car, and the civil unrest thing.

To the OP, your cellphone is a much easier tracking tool for government agencies to use, vs your car. But then so is ANPR and facial recognition.

OP
J

Judge Judy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 6 cyclinder
I live in Los Angeles and it has become very dangerous for a single woman I no longer leave my home after dark. Nonetheless I would prefer not to be tracked by an ex that has access to GPS tracking for vehicles due to his occupation. I was advised by law enforcement to disable my GPS tracking on my car before I file my restraining. Based on my research on my car it looks I would need to disable Teleaid and my GPS system by pulling these fuses #55 for Teleaid and # 28 for the nav from the fuse box chart.
55​
Telephone handset (up to 2007)
Bluetooth module connector (up to 2007)
Portable CTEL separation point
Emergency call system control unit (as of 2007)

28​
Radio
COMAND operating, display and control unit
Radio control panel and navigation unit
COMAND operating, display and control unit

I realize I will lose my audio such as radio and cd player but I figure the trade off is safety. Please let me know if I am off base due to the fact I have little car mechanic skills. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Unless the MB car specification is different in the USA you can only be tracked by your cell phone.
All the car equipment is receive only, with your cell phone off I cant see how you can be tracked.

OP
J

Judge Judy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E350 6 cyclinder
The Sheriff Dept told me not to use my cell phone for now. It is in a faraday cage. Is there a way to disable the receiving signal?

I really appreciate your help.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I feel for you. It must be awful living in fear.
As others have said GPS only receives signals.
Mobile phones on the other hand send and receive signals so keeping it in a Faraday cage is a good idea.
Why not get a new phone for the interim. I have a nice Smartphone but I also have a cheapie (£10 from Tesco) that I'll use if I have to into any undesirable areas. I only use that one to call out so no one knows the number and I'm not bothered if I lose it.
It has no info on it.

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Your ex should not be able to use his company systems for personal use.

All tracking enquiries create a log which you cannot edit.

If you have already contacted law enforcement they should have both reassured you (and your lawyer) of this, have contacted him if your fears are founded. LA takes a dim view of stalking, esp when already reported (according to Google)

And do get a new second phone. You can keep that in a Faraday pouch in you purse if necessary, next to your mace or other defensive weapon which I suspect you have.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom