rkakar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180K
I had my car serviced by a Mercedes Benz dealer and it has come back with a humming noise. The dealer is insisting that that the noise was already there but that is not the case. The dealer is suggesting a change of the fuel pump which will set me back by around 300-400 pounds

I took the car to an independent garage and they think that either the fuel filter they have added is faulty or the the way the clamp has been placed is incorrect.

The dealer is insistent that the problem was there before but its my word against theirs. Does anyone have any advise on what I can do to resolve the impasse with the dealer + what I can do to establish the root cause of the noise

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome,, but sadly not an easy question and this kind of thing often comes up of late

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Change the filter and clamp and see if the noise goes away? Your indie can do this surely?

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
It could be a pipe rubbing on the body as a result of movement during the filter change.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom